No announcement yet.

Questions on Braunschweig KVK 1 on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The color on Mike's looks great and the hinge. But those blue leaves really sing on yours.

Comment

Someone got any pics of this German-made one piece EK from the 90's ?

Comment

Hey Mike, One of the dealers selling the new series of war crosses resides near where I live. I will try and meet up with him at the next show and see if he will allow me to scan several on his crosses. To the poster who said it was "rumor" about the reproduction WW I crosses being marketed, I can only say: You should have been at the SoS show, seeing is beliving.

Comment

Bobby lee, that would be really great if you can get us scans/pics of these crosses. Especially of the back of them. Many thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Repros

Thanks for all the comments and images.

Just for the record, I carefully avoided using the word "fake" to refer to the cross in question. Even with my limited experience of these crosses, I agree with most of the concerns expressed. I don't know enough about the pin arrangements, but the fact that so many of these crosses are appearing makes me suspicious.

Of course, they may be later variants made in the 1930s, 1940s or even as 1957 replacements.
            My use of the word rumour was also deliberate. I didn't have the opportunity to go to the SOS show, but I do visit a number of shows here in Germany, which is a good way to see what is on offer, compare items and study prices.

If anybody has an example of one of these reproductions, please post them. My main interest is documents, but I have at least one example of nearly every EK2 equivalent (according to my definition) and I would like to acquire examples of the approximate EK1 equivalents, too.

I am confident that I can avoid the cheap and nasty EK reproductions, but I find these other crosses quite disturbing.

Do you have any more candidates for the fakes and collector's copies thread at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=38109

/David

Comment

Scary thread...

Jusy as I though these would safe...

Nothing is safe anymore
              Jani
              - Military historian and dealer from Finland.
              - Collecting Finnish awards, German EK1's 1939, KVK1's w/o swords and Tirolian shooting badges.
              I still need EK1's L/14 Screwback and Pinback.

Comment

I just talked to the seller of the cross in question above (the one at ebay). He told me that he is selling the Braunschweig collection of his brother who had a large quantity of these crosses in all different variations including these with the round and the sword-like pin (like my two crosses). He also told me that he never saw any fakes or copies of these crosses. I think we really need the pics of the copies which Bobby lee mentioned to be sure.

Comment

Lot's of variations And NOW he wants out. Duh. I'll take the one with the blue or green leaves.

Comment

Here is a 1957 made example I just saw at ebay (no, this one i haven't got)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Back with the typical 1957 Steinhauer & Lück pin:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Missed it

Jems,

I saw you were bidding and decided not to go for it. Shame it went for so little.

Are these 57 versions common?

/David

Comment

AAhhrggg... I forgot to renew my bid
                          No, these are really rare as all 1957 restriked Imperial awards.
                          But I got this cool "Bewährungsabzeichen" set!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys, I'm still trying to meet up with the guy who has the repeoduction war crosses. I did see this one on ebay, it looks very close to one of the crosses this dealer had.
                            Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                              Attached Files

Comment

I just saw this posting in another forum. It seems to be sure that it IS a FAKE!!!

http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/th...eadid=8435&sid

And I just posted pics of a fake Oldenburg FA Cross 1. Class in the Imperial fakes thread. I also reposted Bobby Lees pics of the Mecklenburger there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X