Do you have any world war 1 postcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any world war 1 postcards

Could you post your postcards pictures in please.

Best Regards

Jon.

Dear Jon,

I collect Sanke/NPG/Liersch post cards of the WWI aviators. I have about 340 of them. Is there any in particular you are looking for?

Gary B
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

My dad has over 200 original WWI German combat postcards.
      What subjects are you looking for?
      Here is an example of one of his:
      Attached Files

Comment

You're in the wrong place for WW1, Jon. Come down to the IMPERIAL Forum.

Don't know whether you mean printed "souvenir" commercial cards, or REAL photos commonly printed in mailable postcard size, but by doing a search on "photos" I'm sure you find many in Imperial.

Comment

If you want to see Imperial German royalty or high ranking officers postcards, just let me know.

Best regards

Hannibal

Comment

Patriotic & holiday greetings here.

Comment

Or just pictures of the guys hanging around the trench or posing in studios?

Comment

Hi there guys, what i am doing i am making my ww1 postcards site, still working on it but i will be opening it soon. It does not matter what types of postcards they are. I hope to gat a digtal camra soon so i can takes some pictures of my postcards. Last night i when to my grandmothers to help her clean out some draws ect, am i came across i dont about maybe 60 ww1 and ww2 postcards. She has given them to me, some of the post card had show i think french pictures in the trenchers. I will have to get some picture in. If you think about it there about 100 years old.

Best regards

Jon.

Comment

medal bars and others for me...
                  Attached Files

Comment

etc. etc...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Postcards as Historical Records

Dear "dunkirchen1940";

Postcards not also often present interesting and even valuable photos, but often provide other information, certainly in the case of German Feldpostkarten. The postal stamps and the Absender block of information that was required by Prussian military postal regulations provide a lot of info about units and where they were at a given time.

There is a Working Group on Feldpost in the German post stamp collecting society, which I (almost) joined. They have about 100 members worldwide, including a few in the US. I have contact info somewhere.

A personal plea: I am researching a book on German flame-thrower troops and their linkage to storm units. Any cards in particular to or from the III. Garde= Pionier=Bataillon, Garde=Reserve=Pionier=Regiment, and Sturm=Bataillon Nr. 5 (Rohr), in particular, are of great interest. I of course would be happy to translate the Suetterlin and Kurrent inscriptions of such cards, which are unfortunately usually of the "warm socks, crummy food" variety. A clue: In 1915 Prussian regulations called for addresses be written in modern script, and often not only addresses but place and proper names, even in the body of the text, often are in modern script in a sea of Suetterlin; even confusing German experts.

Bob Lembke

Comment

great photos and postcards

best regards

Jon.

thanks

Comment

feld post

i have a series of wwi era feld post let me know what you all think, but i need help on how to post them
                          Last edited by army_scout19d; 11-06-2005, 10:35 AM.

Comment

feld post

Alright i think i figured it out.. well well see let me know whats up..thanks

i have other stuff also..."scouts out"
                            Attached Files

Comment

Naval interests , especially U-boat related.

Uniformed portarits showing decorations and edged weapons.

Tony
                              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X