EKIIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKIIs

Hey all, got two nice new EKIIs. A one piece is first up and I have a nice "z" or "N" I received from our good buddy Trevor. I have a bunch more coming but thought I would share these two now!

I actually kinda like these one piece EKs...they are strange but in a good way I suppose. I think I am a fan! lol

Ryan
    Attached Files

MMed EKII
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice pick up's, be careful though, they're addictive.

Chris

Comment

Nice ones, Ryan. I think the one-piece EK2 is a possible Schickle. The 'Z or N' has great detail to the core. Is the one-piece repainted that you can see?
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

nice one Ryan

Comment

Thanks guys.

Trevor, frankly, I am unsure. I can see a small amount of paint on the inner beading (very minor) in a couple spots. That being said the paint looks pretty consistent throughout the cross and I tend to see minor paint on inner beading with most of the one piece crosses I have seen. Does anyone have any feelings/comments/points about that particular issue? I honestly hadn't ever thought about this one being repainted

Ryan

Comment

Hi. To me the one piece looks like it could be repainted. There appears to thin lines along the outer edges of the core arms next to the frame where the origional finish peeks out. Does anyone else see that? Regards, Ron.
              Last edited by Ron P; 04-08-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I think Ron might be on to something.

So Ryan, How many Eks do you have now?

Comment

I will have a close look to see if that is possible. I will be sad if so

Greg, I am at 17 EKs, between TR and Imperial, with 4 more on the way. Basically, not very many, I need more

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Military nut View Post
                    I will have a close look to see if that is possible. I will be sad if so

Greg, I am at 17 EKs, between TR and Imperial, with 4 more on the way. Basically, not very many, I need more

Ryan
                    Hey Ryan, I hope I am wrong. If it is, You can always try acetone.

Comment

Well, all one-pieces have some paint up in the beading rim because they're, well... one-pieces. So I think rather than look there for your answer, you should look at the quality of the paint job on the "core." Is it even? Thin? Original paint was very thin, very evenly applied, very good looking. And most of these lack some paint on the high-points, some paint loss. The fact that yours does not gives me some pause, but it's not conclusive, obviously.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Looks good to me

Chris

Comment

Guys, instead of spamming up with tons of new threads I thought I would bump this one. I just got this EKII today in the mail. I had some help picking this one out. I got off Barry at e-medals but through e-bay. WHen I saw it, I thought it was the nicest stamped KO cross I had ever seen (and I didn't own one yet either so it made sense to get one!). After showing Trevor he made a couple interesting and insightful comments.

I will let him explain into deeper detail as I don't want to mis-represent his words but his basic point was he felt the cross was a Juncker or AWS (if I recall his original meaning when explaining to me). The ribbon ring doesn't look to be as worn as the rest of the cross so the general idea was that the ribbon ring (and thus the KO mark) was not original to the cross but replaced at some later point on this Juncker/AWS cross (this is how I understood it anyhow!). Upon receiving it, the jump ring is only soldered on the reverse side and NOT on the obverse side.

Anyhow, I will let the cross do the talking.

Ryan

P.S. I had to take some pics of these here at night so I had really bad lighting, apologies before hand as they aren't great. Will try to get some better pics up later this week. I got a lot going on right now. All comments are welcome though!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Couple more pics that might be a bit better!

Ryan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ryan,

You got the gist of my thoughts perfectly. This is a core I associate with Juncker/AWS. I'd like to hear from Sascha and others about the fact that it has KO stamped in the ring. Is this possibly a KO?

The jumpring soldered to one side of the frame lug is also absolutely typical J/AWS.

Accurate measurements of the frame would be very nice. My guess is ~43.5mm sq., or slightly larger than a standard 1914 EK2. If you don't have a caliper, just hold it next to another EK2 and let us know -- is it bigger?
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X