Imperial U-boat

Reverse:
        Attached Files

Comment

My S&L....
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Rev...
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

My "Schott"...
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Mike

Comment

Reverse...
                Attached Files
                Regards
                Mike

Comment

Thanks guys!

Some really nice examples posted so far! Those AWS are sharp as well. No Meybauer pieces yet?

Any more out there?
                  Tim

Comment

I see all the other Schott examples are of, what I think, the earliest strikes of this badge. Note the forward deck area and the slight indentation of the area surrounding the "designer's" mark.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread at this point but, wanted to clarify what I mean by earlier strikes.

Here is mine again and note the small indentations on the forward deck area. Also, note the area around the Schott mark and it is flat and not at all indented.
                    Tim
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a couple of close-ups of a die flaw progression that I have noticed on these Schott badges.
                      Tim
                      Attached Files

Comment

A little closer and slightly different angle.
                        Tim
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some examples of what I consider are the earlier ones; like those shown by Don, Mike, Paul, and Jody.

Notice on all three, there is no flaw apparent on the forward bow area. Though I haven't posted the reverses here, all three have indented marks on the back.
                          Tim
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here are the next stage(s) of the badge. Note how the die flaw is starting to happen and become more noticeable. My badge is on the left and you can see the forward flaw. The reverse flaw is starting to show more on the right-hand example.
                            Tim
                            Attached Files

Comment

And, what I consider the last stage of the flaw progression. Notice both flaws are quite evident. There is no indentation on the marking on the reverse in this example.

I have not seen any badges with more progression than this one. Anybody?

So, not sure if any timeline could be assigned to these based on the flaw progression at this point as we would need to see documented pieces with award dates.

Tim
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thought I would bump this back up to see if anyone else had an Imperial U-boat badge they wanted to add here.

Can be any maker...I would like to see a nice Meybauer example if someone has one in their collection!?

OR...if anyone owns that nice looking marked Juncker that was sold by Detlev back in December 2005, with the MilitarPas!! I would really like to see close-ups of that one.
                                Tim
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X