No announcement yet.

Bavarian Flieger Observer Badge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres a shot of the hinge, as the photo posted here by me previously was the wrong one. pardona mia.
    Last edited by juoneen; 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

The case is definitely genuine, although I doubt it is original to the badge, as the 'luxury' Poellath badges were in silver and usually two-piece. However, the pierced-crown example you show also looks promising.

Comment

Juoneen, your badge also looks good, one of the 'square punch maker' variants which we see from time to time.

Comment

thanks ...the enamel is finer done that the first bavarian , something to watch for . I got this one in the 70s, but still have not found a bavarian I felt comfortable with. i think a friend found a bullion bavarian, and i think the photos he sent me are somewhere, ill look tomorrow and see if i still have em. I think so.

Comment

i think i mixd up some photos

I think i got the photos wrong pardon me, i think that one was a pilots badge, as i dont see the clips that hold the center enameling . How is this one?
            Last edited by juoneen; 03-09-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

sorry these were taken with a 2.1 mpl camera.

Comment

I like that one as well, very close to an example I have.

Comment

Well, I was about to post the photos of the reverse, but then the forum went down.

So, here is the back:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Notice the repair done to the crown and the marked pin:
                        Attached Files

Comment

How is the enamel shield attached, and is the pin round or flat?

Comment

looks to be a nice example of the 'square punch maker' , details are all good but the finish on the front is a little weird as though it has been eched or something. Hinged looks to have been repaired/reinforced at some time. What is the silver mark ,935 ?? Obviously it is not a Pollath/Poellath piece but nice box too! Here is example of same badge and pilot too.Ferg1

Comment

the red case is 100% original, i have 3 exatly same from privat
                              but all with "hollow-plated-over" badges

i like your hollow badge too

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                                Juoneen, your badge also looks good, one of the 'square punch maker' variants which we see from time to time.

Why is it called 'square punch maker'?

My pin is marked 935, the pin is flat, and the shield is soldered into position. Looks like it was repaired too, as I can see the nubs of the prongs sticking through, which is what they soldered to the badge.

There is a deep impression of this badge in the base of the case, so it has been there for a long time. Bummer that it is not the right badge for the case, but nice that the case is original.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X