Strange EKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by van59 View Post
    ...2 different kinds of joinder...miter cut...the same angle of cut...butt-end joined
    Sounds like you do some carpentry in your spare time .

Honestly, you've got absolutely nothing to worry about with this splendid original cross. The dies used to strike the frames were hand-made and no real symmetry exists anywhere.

Have a look through other threads and you will see exactly what I mean on other crosses.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Good replies

[QUOTE=streptile;3607377]Sounds like you do some carpentry in your spare time .

Honestly, you've got absolutely nothing to worry about with this splendid original cross. The dies used to strike the frames were hand-made and no real symmetry exists anywhere.

Have a look through other threads and you will see exactly what I mean on other crosses.[/QUOTE
      --------------------
      Thanks, Trevor. I've done a lot of carpentry esp with Habitat for Humanity.
      Regarding the cross, another thing I noted was the evenness or centering of the reverse relative to the off-center of the obverse which leads me to suspect that the core is either 2-pieces or made "sloppily".
      There are 4 holes in the ribbon which housed a EK2 spange at one time.
      with regards, van

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X