• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are very nice examples

Vince ,
    Having the name of the original owner is really a great thing. Do you
    know what she did to earn this award?

George,
    Having your cross used in "The Iron Time" is pretty cool. I'm sure you have pieces in a couple different books. Having Stephen use something of
    mine is something I am still proud of.

Comment

Greg

I got the cross after it was used in The Iron Time, but it's still neat to have.
      George

Comment

Great crosses guys! Love the patina! My F & J was polished but still looks real good IMO.
        Love published crosses George! Congrats!!!
        Thanks for showing!
        Greg

Comment

Vince> You chose the best made version imo. Attributed, stunning patina and with the wide ribbon! Do you have the document too?

George> A nice Wagner! Did you check for the engraved W sometimes found next to the Jumpring?

Trev> Packing it up today so your wait is finally over soon

Comment

Carl and Greg, when this one came up privately, I grabbed it right away, as it is an outstanding example. I only have a copy of the document, as the family for some reason wanted to keep itI don't know the circumstances of the award, but I have a nice non-combat KDM and a Centenarmedaille, both on women's bows, which I will add to the group to 'flesh it out'.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
              don't know the circumstances of the award, but I have a nice non-combat KDM and a Centenarmedaille, both on women's bows, which I will add to the group to 'flesh it out'.
              They will look good togeher! An educated guess is that she was married to someone in the Oberstaatsanwalt and in some way "helped" with the war effort. Hope the German speaking conmmunity will correct if wrong.

Comment

Roglebk

"George> A nice Wagner! Did you check for the engraved W sometimes found next to the Jumpring?"

Yes, there is a "W" stamped or engraved into the outer edge of the frame, adjacent to the ring.
                George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
                  "George> A nice Wagner! Did you check for the engraved W sometimes found next to the Jumpring?"

Yes, there is a "W" stamped or engraved into the outer edge of the frame, adjacent to the ring.
                  Any pic of the mark George? Is it in the same place as the one in this post: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...22&postcount=2

Yours is the 4th i saw with the W-mark. There's another version with crosshatched inner corners too but that one is slightly different.

Comment

Carl

I don't have a pic of the mark, but it's in the same location as the mark in the pic in the link. (On mine the top of the "W" faces the side of the cross with the red cross emblem.)
                    George

Comment

Case full of Peaches.

My second W-marked (Wagner) together with the Tapered version and a mini that's the true definition of niceness.
                      Attached Files

Comment

KDM is Silver and not Steel (or whatever alloy usually used).
                        Attached Files

Comment

What a beautiful set
                          The mini has to be the nicest example of a mini maiden's cross I have ever seen.

Comment

Unbelievable mini Carl! A great addition to your collection. Any clue who made it?
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

WoW Carl!! Just a beautiful jewel!!

Comment

What an awesome find Carl - I've seen a few buttonaire size minis but never this 'prinzen' size. I'm very jealous!

Well done

Marshall

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X