A study of the 1870/71 Verdienstkreuz für Frauen und Jungfrauen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gregM View Post
    Mine appears to be a match to your cased version.
    Did you look for the engraved W besides the jumpring Greg? Those 2 versions looks a lot alike.

Comment

There are no markings to be found anywhere on the cross.

Comment

[quote]
        Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
        ... Any pics of the RR mark Marshall? Are you refering to the oval shaped ribbon ring or a special ring found on this setup?..
        As I said, I don't beleive the 'RR' (and it's definitely an 'RR') is a makers mark of any kind, more likely the mark of the jeweller who assembled the combination onto the ribbon.

The mark is on the ribbon ring (as indicated) not the cross eyelet. The red arrow does not show the 'RR' mark, merely the ring it's on. The set is in my safety box and it's a mission to get it out and photograph it now.

Marshall
        Attached Files

Comment

A few more here through the thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=frauen

Comment

Here's a well written article in German about the beauties:

http://www.ordensmuseum.de/script/ekjungfr/ekjungfr.htm

The version found there looks to be what i call the 3rd version seen below. it's marked in the bandring with an Z supposedly for "Hofjuweliers Zehn."

Searched high and low for Zehn but did not find anything about them. Maybe some of the German speaking forum members would be more lucky?

Comment

Here's a well written article in German about the beauties:

http://www.ordensmuseum.de/script/ekjungfr/ekjungfr.htm

The version found there looks to be what i call the 3rd version seen below. it's marked in the bandring with an Z supposedly for "Hofjuweliers Zehn."

Searched high and low for Zehn but did not find anything about them. Maybe some of the German speaking forum members would be more lucky?

Here's what Andreas had to share on my Zehn marked RAO..

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=zehn

Cheers

Marshall

Comment

here some advertisement ,,,

German translation

Berlin, Datum
                Den Höchsten und Hohen Herrschaften
                empfehle ich mich mit meiner Fabrik von sämtlichen in- und ausländischen Orden, Medaillen und Ehrenzeichen in allen Größen. Bandschärpen, Ordensbänder, Bandgarnierungen, Emaille, emaillieren der Rechts- und Ehrenritter des Johannieter Ordens der Ehrenstiel Hausorden sowie jeder andere emaille Orden. Aufpolieren der Ordenssterne, verzilbern der Eisernen Kreuze, vergolden der Medaillen 1870, Kreuze 1866 etc. Reparaturen und aufarbeiten ganzer Ordensschnallen und garnieren derselben zu billigsten Preisen. Ordensketten in Gold und vergoldet.
                Potrettieren und modellieren, Orden und Medaillen.
                Lieferungen für Regierungen, Orden für Kriegervereine, Schützengilden, Sänger- Turn- und Logenvereine, Medaillen für Gewerbeausstellungen etc. etc.
                Indem ich der vorschriftsmässigen Ausführungen aller vorkommenden Ordensdekorationen die vollste Aufmerksamkeit witme, bitte ich Eure p.t. bei bedarf um ihre wertgeschätzten Aufträge und erlaube mir noch schliesslich auf meine Werkstatt für Kunstarbeiten in Juwelen, Gold und Silberwaren gehorsamst aufmerksam zu machen.
                Mit vorzüglicher Hochachtung
                L.Lemcke
                Hoflieferant Sr.Majestät des Kaisers und König
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kay!!!

Now have found 8 different versions of the F&J, well 8 different frames really. Will post pics later.

W-marked for Wagner & Sohn.

Z-marked for Zehn.

Wideframe version (i call it Godet). Sometimes found with a round or C-shaped assembly mark on top of the jumpring.

"EKII jumpring", jumpring is like on a EKII.

"Chinese sign", got a bead that looks like a chinese sign.

"Boomerang", got a bead that looks like a Boomerang. My old cased one.

"Crosshatched", got crosshatched inner corners like the Wagner but not the same frame.

"Fake", not sure about it yet, seen here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=339401

One of the unmarked is a Louis Lemcke, but which?

Comment

here a old picture out off an old book

don't ask me what book ,,the picture was cut out off the book ...( not me)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Kay! They call it Order?

Comment

Verdienst orden means accomplishments medal ....

regards kay

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
                          Verdienst orden means accomplishments medal ....

regards kay
                          Yup, but everywhere i read so far it's referred to as a Verdienstkreuz not a Verdienstorden.

A Kreuz is a orden too of course, just semantics i guess.

Comment

if you're talking about the cross as an ( institution ) fore woman ,,,its a medal .

if you're talking about the characteristics off the medal ,,you're talking about the cross ...

lovely isn't it

Comment

I REALLY want to find one of these--------
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kay!!!

Now have found 8 different versions of the F&J, well 8 different frames really. Will post pics later.

W-marked for Wagner & Sohn.

Z-marked for Zehn.

Wideframe version (i call it Godet). Sometimes found with a round or C-shaped assembly mark on top of the jumpring.

"EKII jumpring", jumpring is like on a EKII.

"Chinese sign", got a bead that looks like a chinese sign.

"Boomerang", got a bead that looks like a Boomerang. My old cased one.

"Crosshatched", got crosshatched inner corners like the Wagner but not the same frame.

"Fake", not sure about it yet, seen here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=339401

One of the unmarked is a Louis Lemcke, but which?

Hi Carl, please do post photos of these variations. I'm especially inerested to see the one with the jumpring like an EK2, and the Chinese Bead one
                                Best regards,
                                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X