X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here a close-up off the corners ,,,,fore comparison
    Attached Files

Comment

Your cross is what i call the 2nd version Kay, first believed to be Godet. That's because at first it was believed that there only was 2 makers to them, Wagner and Godet. The 1st version in this thread is a Wagner. Now we have at least 4 versions, not counting the "believed to be fake" one with very low quality seen here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=frauen&page=2

My personal opinion about the 2nd version still leans against Godet. Based on the quality and likeliness to frame shape and details to other 1870 Godet crosses.

Comment

well ,,,there's is a very close design mach to the crown off the AWS/Juncker onynX ek2 core to ,,,

so dont know if we can conclude anything about the maker

only the design offcourse ,,,production ( manufacture ) is completely different
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 02-27-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
          well ,,,there's is a very close design mach to the crown off the AWS/Juncker onynX ek2 core to ,,,

so dont know if we can conclude anything about the maker

only the design offcourse ,,,production ( manufacture ) is completely different
          Agreed, but all the crowns on all the F&J's match the AWS in a way, take a look here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=25

Godet is just a gut feeling, no proof at all. Only marked one i found so far is the Wagner. Maybe there's even more versions/makers out there.

Comment

Kay, louped my 2nd version and it got the EXACT same round mark on top of the jumpring as yours. It looks like it was engraved, not stamped. Could it be a makers mark or silver mark of some kind? Why engrave that part anyway? It's definately not a production related flaw.

Comment

but maybe an idea ,,,as the JFK was in honer off the kings wife

maybe the king wood also chose his wife's favourite jeweller ,,to make these crosses ,

maybe we can google here jewellery up at some museum ,,( and the jeweller maybe )

I wood almost say that it wood be a good direction to find the maker
              Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 02-27-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
                Kay, louped my 2nd version and it got the EXACT same round mark on top of the jumpring as yours. It looks like it was engraved, not stamped. Could it be a makers mark or silver mark of some kind? Why engrave that part anyway? It's definately not a production related flaw.
                PICTURE WOOD BE NICE ..

I think it is some kind off manufacturing (tool ) mark
                maybe they clammed it in some clamp to hold it at his place wile engraving it

sure it is not looking like a maker ( quality) mark
                Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 02-27-2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I have one of the types you refer to as a 'Godet' and for the record, it does not have one of these circular marks on the jump ring (nor any other markings...)

There is however an 'RR' clearly stamped on the ribbon ring (presumably by whoever assembled this combination).

Anyone ever seen the 'RR' marked on their set-up?

Marshall
                  Attached Files

Comment

RR ,? interesting ,,,, pictures off it wood be nice

Comment

"RR"? No idea... sure it is'n "L.L."? That would be Louis Lemcke, a Berlin jeweller I suppose might have offered these as well in the 1870s and 80s...
                      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Mine appears to be a match to your cased version.

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
                          "RR"? No idea... sure it is'n "L.L."? That would be Louis Lemcke, a Berlin jeweller I suppose might have offered these as well in the 1870s and 80s...
                          I thought you said Louis Lepke
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
                            PICTURE WOOD BE NICE ..

I think it is some kind off manufacturing (tool ) mark
                            maybe they clammed it in some clamp to hold it at his place wile engraving it

sure it is not looking like a maker ( quality) mark
                            Think you're on to something here Kay, it looks to be a tool mark of some kind, maybe a clamp for holding the cross in the finishing stages. Do not believe they engraved the core inside the frames though. What if the made a misstake with the engraving, then they had to remake the whole cross and not just the core.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                              I have one of the types you refer to as a 'Godet' and for the record, it does not have one of these circular marks on the jump ring (nor any other markings...)

There is however an 'RR' clearly stamped on the ribbon ring (presumably by whoever assembled this combination).

Anyone ever seen the 'RR' marked on their set-up?

Marshall
                              Any pics of the RR mark Marshall? Are you refering to the oval shaped ribbon ring or a special ring found on this setup?

Never saw any "true" makers mark on any F&J's exept for the W seen in post 2.

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post

Sascha, do you have a list of which jewelers that might had the knowledge to make these small wonders?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X