X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back with soldered disc:
    Attached Files

Comment

Not a real fake but often used as a "Spangenstück" is the Golden Military Merit Cross made by the german firm Göde as so called "Museumskopie". Watch out for any of them, they appear in ebay frequently! I even saw one at Weitzes website for sale as "Spangenstück"!!!

Here is one from ebay. Watch for the very long and strange screwed looking small ring/loop which is part of the cross!
      Attached Files

Comment

And the pics from Weitze. Same cheap Göde cross with the strange ring!
        Attached Files

Comment

2:
          Attached Files

Comment

And a third one now at ebay:
            Attached Files

Comment

I found this Waldorf card on which one can see the difference. Thanks for posting the fake pics. I didnt know that even the EK II is not safe anymore !

Comment

Thanks for this pic. This is the awarded cross. There are "real" Spangenstücke but they all have a soldered small ring.

Comment

Another early cast fake. Interestingly, it came on what appears to be a piece of early 1813 ribbon.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JensF.
                    Next one is the classic polish EK1 copy. It is one-piece and non-magnetic.
                    Hi Jens, I just bought one of these for 12 Euro to have an example. Ebay item #3252124868 . Its good to have this posted, I see lots of them being sold as originals on ebay Deutschland. Tony

Comment

Here is a website which deals with reproductions of Imperial German medals:

http://yawp.com/3rd-i/staff/abbadon/...k/badges2.html

Comment

1914 Spange

These also come marked Wagner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=13965

Comment

Here's another example of the bad one in posts 3, 4, and 5. (It's the only Imperial resident of the Fakes Case!)
                          Attached Files
                          George

Comment

Reverse.
                            Attached Files
                            George

Comment

Yep, the classic polish copy. Thanks for this contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by JensF.
                                Here is a website which deals with reproductions of Imperial German medals:

http://yawp.com/3rd-i/staff/abbadon/...k/badges2.html
                                The Imperial orders there look like the one-sided Göde "museum" copies which pop up from time to time and shouldn't fool anyone.

Here is an Order of the Zähringen Lion. This one-sided example truly is a "wearer's copy". From the front, the detail is pretty good (albeit not as good as an original) and much better than a Göde, but the back gives it away.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X