No announcement yet.

Opinions on "S" Marked 1914 EK2 Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A WS overstamped with Z. Not great detail.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
      The details and quality of the cores on these EK2s varies greatly. I believe it was a fairly unregulated industry with many small makers producing the items under wartime conditions. Often the thickness of the paint has an influence. I'm going to post a few examples here to show how much genuine 1914 EK2s can vary. Here is my S.
      Thanks Steve, I see a consistency in all the "S" examples shown so far.

I really like the other examples you have posted as well. unexpected bonus and much appreciated

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
        Thanks Steve, I see a consistency in all the "S" examples shown so far.

I really like the other examples you have posted as well. unexpected bonus and much appreciated

Chris
        Thanks, thought it would be a helpful few posts. I have my entire EK2 collection posted over on GMIC. If you're a member there let me know and I'll give you a link. I have posted my 1914 EK1s on this forum if you want to have a look. Here's a link.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...EK1+collection

Comment

I'm sure it's genuine. Struck me as odd when I first viewed it. Some of the EKII makers were striking crisp examples and painting them nicely, some weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
            I'm sure it's genuine. Struck me as odd when I first viewed it. Some of the EKII makers were striking crisp examples and painting them nicely, some weren't.

Yes, that's something I have noticed. That's why I decided to post a few from my collection that vary greatly. I mean that JWS is very nice, while others are bordering on shapeless blobs. The 1914 EK2 is a very common mass proiduced award. yet I still love it. Guess it takes all kinds to make a collection.

Comment

And then there's the rust issue where the rust happens beneath the surface and weakens the original definition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X