No announcement yet.

Inperial German Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like a nice Fire Police cap. The center band is velvet right? I have a police insignia if you want to finish the hat off Let me know

Comment

I am not sure what the piping color represents. On the front it looks like white but if you lift up the rear the piping is yellow. I traded an EK2 Spange for it. The vendor indicated it was Army Engineer School but I am not convinced that is accurate. Would anyone know what branch that color combination would represent

The lower kokade is nothing like I have ever seen on any Imperial German cap. As a novice guess I am thinking it represents some veterans group or the hat is period but the kokade does not appear to be period. Thanks Clete
      Attached Files

Comment

Kokade

Here is a closer view of the kokade.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AOK4
          some Imperial caps do have chinstraps / I've seen it on several pictures.
          Jan
          Hi Jan,

Chinstraps were introduced on the M1907/10 visor caps. There are no pre-war Dunkelblau visor caps with chinstraps of any sort. Sometimes, by looking at a photo its hard to tell if it is a pre-war Dunkelblau tunic or a wartime Feldgrau M10 tunic. If the fellow has a strap on his cap, then you know it is war time. http://www.kaisersbunker.com Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X