Inperial German Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inperial German Hats

I know this forum is mainly medal, but the forum has been rather slow lately so I thought I would introduce a new thread. I have always had an interest in Imperial German officer hats and enlisted hats (mutze). I see few of these for sale and when I do the condition is not the best. I am sure that some of you out there have some really nice hats to show off. So if you do, it would be great to see some pictures. Also since I am into cased items I would enjoy seeing the box that the hat came in for the uniform dealer or manufacturer.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Visors

I like that idea. I do enjoy the medals mostly but really do have an internest in seeing and learning more on Imperial headgear short of the pickles that is. I have one visor myself and when I can access a digital camera I will post pcis of it. Thanks Clete

Comment

I dont specifically collect visors, but I do have a few, mostly WW2 American. I always pick up a bargain when I see it: here is a Prussian visor I picked up on Ebay for $23 (!!!)... I'll post pictures of other ones I have later, they are on my home computer.
      Attached Files

Comment

It sure looks like that, however the Reichskokarde is missing, but it should be too difficult to find a replacement.

Jan

Comment

I posted this before for discussion, from what I understand its a Garde Schützen regiment. I paid $30 total with postage. Like Tony pointed out, it usually costs that much just to ship a visor from Europe to USA. So all in all, a very good deal.

Comment

and here is an artillery visor. Paid about $90 for this one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tony said this one should not have a chinstrap, so have no idea what it is doing there...
              Attached Files

Comment

Great hats

Vadim, Thanks for posting the pics. You got some great buys.
                Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

A few more

Here are some of my pre-war caps:

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/headgear/

And some of my Feldgrau caps:

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/feldgrau/headgear/

Comment

Vadim,

could it be that the bottom cockade (the Prussian one) is a enlisted men's cockade and not an officer's cockade?

Jan

Comment

Jan, it sure looks like it. Or it could be picture. The visor is on the way from Germany, I'll know for sure when I get it. Maybe Tony can tell us something about it?

Comment

Uh Oh

Vadim,
                        As I think I mentioned before, you have a mis-match of officer/ORs Kokarden which means that one has been replaced. I am afraid that taking a second look, I see something that is just never seen on Imperial Visor caps, and that are side grommets. This cap looks very much like a Third Reich Fire dept visor cap. Take away one Kokarde, add a Nazeee Police chicken, and you have a Fire dept OR's visor. That would explain the grommets and the chinstrap. If the piping is red, not carmine, then it would be a Reichsbahn OR's visor cap, missing the state chicken. Regardless, these caps are worth about the same as an Imperial if not more, so there is no loss, just a misidentification. T

Comment

Off to Ebay to find Nazi police chicken!!!

Ah, I love talking to Tony when he has time... Last time all you said was that chinstrap should not be there, so I was left wondering why on earth would someone add a chinstrap?? What you are saying now makes a lot of sense. Whatever it is, its certainly worth $90 I paid.

Now that you got me thinking, let me ask you this: wouldnt the fact that it is saddle-shaped alone make it a 3rd Reich? Did they even have saddle-shaped visors pre-1918?

Comment

Re: Off to Ebay to find Nazi police chicken!!!

Originally posted by Vadim K
                            wouldnt the fact that it is saddle-shaped alone make it a 3rd Reich?
                            Well, yes. But its hard to tell some times, as an Imperial cap with the peak pushed back can take on a "saddle" shape. As a rule, Imperial caps have a "Teller" form and you are correct, not a "saddle" shape. T

Comment

Tony,

some Imperial caps do have chinstraps (IIRC visor caps for NCO's). I've seen it on several pictures.

Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X