Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New EKs (EK1 screwback & two EK2s)

Hello

I've just received these three 1914 EKs.

The EK1 is vaulted and has a small screwback to it, (should there be another disc under the screw part on mine or is this how they came ?). There are no maker or other markings on the cross, but the screw part has four stars and '800' on it. The cross itself also appears to have a high silver content.

One of the EK2s has 'WS' stamped on the ring while the other has a couple of marks and what appears to be the number '12' stamped onto it. The one marked 'WS' appears to have a high silver content.

The cores of both the EK1 and the EK2 marked '12' 'rattle' in their frames.

Can anyone say from the close in shot of the ring marked '12' who the maker amy be ? I'm not expecting to much given the photo and the nature of the marks, but someone may have seen this before.

Either way I like them. I have to say that they do look a lot better 'in the hand' than on these scans.

As always, any comments or opinions warmly welcomed.

Regards
    David
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DavidM; 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM.

EK1 Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

EK2 ring marked 'WS'
      Attached Files

Comment

EK2 marked 'WS' Rear
        Attached Files

Comment

EK2 with marks (?) and '12'
          Attached Files

Comment

EK2 with marks (?) and '12' Rear
            Attached Files

Comment

Close in shot of the markings on the EK2 with '12' on the ring
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking crosses , sorry can't help with the cross marked 12.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM
                  Hello
                  The EK1 is vaulted and has a small screwback to it, (should there be another disc under the screw part on mine or is this how they came ?)....
                  Hi David,

In this case, your EK1 did have have a larger screwdisk - you can fairly clearly see the scratch/rub marks the original larger disk has left on the reverse of the cross.

I can't help with the ?12 marked cross.

One word of advice, imo all these crosses have been heavily cleaned - probably silver dipped (the cores show wear but there is absolutely no patina on the frames after over 80 years). If the cleaning solution was not 100% removed, especially from underneath the frames, there is a good chance that the core will start rusting adjacent to the frames. Watch them carefully for deterioration.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Very nice crosses David.
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the replies. It's just a shame that the marks next to the '12' have worn down so much, otherwise it might have been possible to see who the maker was.

Regards
                      David

Comment

Helllo,

Nice cross and hard to find and 2 makers has used such srew.

So it looks completely.

Best Franki
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X