No announcement yet.

Giant Saxon medal-bar at German Ebay!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jens for the scans... It would have been interesting to see also the backing on the reverse.

Dear enthusiasts of German Imperial stuff, I have got a question for you... how much do you think that such bar is really worth? I was just adding the value of every single medal and I arrived to Euro 2'000.-. It seems that like the British medal bars, the value of German Imperial medal bars is dramatically climbing. Would it be still possible in the future for normal mortals to adquire such medal bars? To tell you the truth I believe that prices will be so prohibitive that I will just enjoy from time to time to look at such bars on auction catalogue or in museums...

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

should be interesting......

......... to see who ends up with it. eBay just shut down the auction. Nasty szchwwastickers and all..........

Comment

Yeah...

I just noticed that the Ebay Police have struck again......

Hopfully this guy won't do what another seller did about 4 months back... He pulled the bar apart and sold the items seperatly... What and Idiot ! (so much for preserviing history )

Later
        Mark

Comment

Okay! Now the fun starts!

Well, I have been contacted again about this medal bar and been offered it at a reasonable price. The question in my mind, is why?? I wonder if someone else already sent it back, or what's going on. ??????

Comment

No, it is because you are World Renowned for being THE Saxon-Freak!

Comment

Yea Stogie--and ya got the big bucks too!!!

Comment

Yahoo!

I just received eMail confirmation. When all was said and done, I am now the most pleased new owner of this bar. By far the nicest one I have had. Party-Time in Imperial, drinks are on me!

Comment

Ach, danke!

I'll start with a nice Mosel red, bitte.

Very nice bar, congratulations.

Prost!

Comment

Congratulations on a real treasure!!! Please give us good scans after it has arrived!!!

Comment

Congratulations! You lucky one!

Comment

Rick,

Herzliche Glückwünsche... Sorry, but I have to ask you this, since I am very curious... How much did it cost you? The price on ebay seemed not to stop when it reached 2'250 Euro...

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X