• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Saxon medal-bar at German Ebay!!!

G R E A T !!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=752802574

Jens,

I just saw it when I was checking Ebay Deutschland... very nice indeed. I am bit concerned by the DA-WH 18J u. 4J... Shouldn't he have had the golden DA (25-12)? It looks in good conditions although it would be very interesting to see the reverse, since the seller said that has some moths damages.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Nice, isn't it?!

I hopped on it earlier last night. Nice bar, very nice..

Comment

Many eyes look on it....

It's all okay with the silver long service cross - the wearer left the army in 1919/20 - had a civilian job during Weimar - and was in 1938 Major zD.....

Werner

Comment

Absolutely nice bar! Rare and logical combination; I like it.
          I`ve dealt with this seller and have only good experience with him.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

The Wehrmacht 18 and 4-- if the wearer was obviously (as the Albert-Knight 1st with Crown and Swords indicates) not a 1915+ entry officer-- always indicate an (E) retread, who had say 15 years of service in under the Empire, before coming back and starting again in the 1930s. These guys usually made Oberst about 1942.

Another award rolls research project-- but obviously a member of Infantry Regiment 102, whose "Chief" was the King of Bavaria.

Comment

long bar ........

Hello,

MOst defenatly a very interesting medal bar ( and even a dream of me to own such a piece => but im lacking the $$$$$ for now and I have other interests ) and Im pretty sure that the price wil end up rather high and the winner will still have to gight hard for it

Cordial Greetings,
              my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Mr. Saxony Himself Says:

Sorry, no can see this bar for the price it's at. Or at a higher price. It's nice, but $$$ me thinks it's going to the moon and I can't see it without the documents, etc. I have documented groups like this that I didn't have to prostitute myself for.

Comment

Say It Ain't So, Joe DiMaggio!!!

Mister Saxon Freak WITHDRAWS! Under the Baleful Influence of Zinky Fumes in a house sealed for the winter!

OK< here for a permanent record is the bar:
                  Attached Files

Comment

A tragic case. Really. The end of an era, or something!

The bar above belonged to

Kurt OERTMANN, born 9 January 1883 (who oh who will buy him for his 120th birthday!!???) in Wurzen, Saxony.

Served his entire career with Saxon Infantry Regiment 102, joined apparently in 1903 to be granted retroactive seniority as

Leutnant 18.8.03 Cc. By 1910 he had already received the Bavarian peacetime MVO4, and was on detached service as a cadet instructor with the Royal Saxon Corps of Cadets.

Oberleutnant 9.8.12 X, serving as Adjutant I./IR102 in 1914.

Hauptmann I believe 28.11.14 (Did Stogie-Rick sell his 1918 Saxon Seniority List?????)

demobilized from the Imperial army ca 1920.

He was a Major "zur Disposition" (seniority 1.6.32 #62) commanding Wehrmeldeamt Bitterfeld in Saxony January 1939. zD Status in the Third Reich period is QUITE odd, and no clue why he was that instead of (E). Nor does the "1932" SENIORITY date mean he was in uniform then--seniorities were often bumped around and many 2nd Lts for instance were granted seniority from BEFORE they entered military service.

Received SA3bX 31.10.14
                    BMVO4X 5.2.16
                    SA3aX 20.5.16
                    Crown to that 24.8.17
                    St Henry-Knight 7.5.18 as Hauptmann commanding II./IR 102

Comment

A quick scan of

.. Major aD Meinhard Rosenmuller's 1918 Dienstalterslisten and I cannot find Oertmann listed as a HauptLeut of Infantry. These are a bit tough to read as Rosenmuller made lots of notes in his book.
                      Now, if anybody out there EXCLUDING Rick Lundstrom, can deduce who'se Seniority list is in my hot little hands (signed as well) we will give you...............................
                      A Herring, imported directly from Skandinavia via a Finnish Book-Lord in Central Massachusetts.
                      Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm,
                      Nothing like a pickled herring,
                      yum, yum, yum

Comment

Here are the other pics to complete the "archive":
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X