No announcement yet.

Von Lettow-Vorbeck medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, there were quite a lot of Lettow-Vorbecks in the Imperial Army. That other one without first name was a Major d.R.

Comment

That other one without first name was a Major d.R.
      Major d.R. Klaus von Lettow-Vorbeck.

Regards
      Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
        I have Erhard Roths Badens ordens verleihung 1914-1918. I thought about that too, that he should have gotten a higher class. The problem is that Roth does not say his first name. There are two von Lettow-Vorbecks that got a 1st class RK with X. The first is a Wilfried von Lettow-Vorbeck (19.10.1914) and the other is just "von Lettow-Vorbeck" (9.1.1918). I just made a quick judgement that this must be "the" Lettow-Vorbeck. But now I see now that It doesn't make any sence.
        The first one, Wilfried, was probably the Major von Lettow-Vorbeck who began the war as Ia of XIV.Armeekorps, which was, for all intents and purposes, Baden's army (all of its combat regiments were from Baden except Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 40 from Hohenzollern).

Comment

Wilfried von Lettow-Vorbeck

Dave,

The first one, Wilfried, was probably the Major von Lettow-Vorbeck who began the war as Ia of XIV.Armeekorps
          That is correct. He was killed in action as the commander of I.R. 85 on 21 March 1918.

Regards
          Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X