Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sderbaum View Post
    Hi,

can anyone read his name ?, then I might have more info on him.

I read Hptm Erdmann below. There existed an Hptm Friedrich Erdmann who was an commander of an Freikorps aviation unit.

Gunnar
    Hi Gunnar,

That would be fantastic. The commander was Erdmann (at least in September 1918) and "my guy" is Carl Fuhrmann, born 20.03.1897 in Münster.

Br. Juergen
    Last edited by Juergen; 09-09-2020, 07:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi Jürgen,

Unfortunate Karl Fuhrmann is tricky as he dont have any BAMA file or file in BA Berlin. As you probably knew he is listed in PVL200718 as light WIA, this source gives his rank as Vfw. I cannot find his promotion to Lt dR in the MWB, so apparently he was promoted during 1919. It existed two other flyers with the name Fuhrmann.

I also dont knew in which unit Hptm Friedrich Erdmann served during Sept 1918, but he long before served in FFA 37.

sorry not much help

Gunnar

Comment

Originally posted by Söderbaum View Post
        Hi Jürgen,

Unfortunate Karl Fuhrmann is tricky as he dont have any BAMA file or file in BA Berlin. As you probably knew he is listed in PVL200718 as light WIA, this source gives his rank as Vfw. I cannot find his promotion to Lt dR in the MWB, so apparently he was promoted during 1919. It existed two other flyers with the name Fuhrmann.

I also dont knew in which unit Hptm Friedrich Erdmann served during Sept 1918, but he long before served in FFA 37.

sorry not much help

Gunnar
        I have info, that Fuhrmann went to Officer School 1.7. - 13.9.1917, but that might have been Unteroffizierschule OR year 1918. This photo states that he was in Feldersatzabteilung 13 in fall 1918 as an officer. Sadly his photo album has very little dates.

Br. Juergen
        KF 1.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X