No announcement yet.

Medal bar of Rittmeister Bodenstedt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning bar!! It's the first time I have seen those Italian decorations before

Comment

Bob, Fantastic bar I've just spotted this on Ebay.de ... may be worth having?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...194713968&rd=1

Comment

Thanks for the headsup, Mike.

Comment

One of the histories I was able to obtain is from inception to 1913 and contains pictures of Bodenstedt as the Adjutant on parade. He is mounted on the white horse.
          Attached Files

Comment

an attempt in color.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close up of Bodenstedt.
              Attached Files

Comment

Brian,

While probably changing during the war, the last peacetime order of battle for the regiment (stationed at Diedenhofen) was 45. Kavallerie-Brigade (HQ Saarlouis), 34. Division (HQ Metz), XVI. Armeekorps (also Metz). Perhaps someone can take it from there.

Regards, Karl

Originally posted by Brian S
                "Husar Regiment 13 (King Hubert of Italy) and was killed in action at Kutno on the Eastern Front on 16 November 1914"

Bob, you know what division this was assigned to?

Comment

Bob, and I passed on this bar because I thought I would never find a pic of the guy! Great find.
                  Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Thanks, Paul. Now all I need is a first name...maybe from Glenn J. and his "Dead Prussians Book."

Comment

Bob,

Unfortunately, the Ehrenmal des preußischen Offizerskorps does not provide first names. However, there are many other sources, obscure though they may be, that do.

One of those is the "Ehren-Tafel der gefallenen königlich-preußischen Kadetten." According to this, the first name of Herr Rittmeister Bodenstedt was Waldemar. No date of birth, but you now have the full name of the bar's original owner.

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy for filling in another part of the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Ortmann
                          Brian,

While probably changing during the war, the last peacetime order of battle for the regiment (stationed at Diedenhofen) was 45. Kavallerie-Brigade (HQ Saarlouis), 34. Division (HQ Metz), XVI. Armeekorps (also Metz). Perhaps someone can take it from there.

Regards, Karl
                          Thanks Karl!

Comment

Yikes!

..... did you see the final price of that Honor List???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X