No announcement yet.

Need info on ribbon bar ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can get one that are made for the medal bar ie so that the orginal one isnt dameged cant remeber what there called but i picked one up for 70 euros!

here it is!
    Attached Files

Comment

the back!
      Attached Files

Comment

So Patrick, is the medal you pictured original or a reproduction that can be used as a substitute for the real one?
        Richard V

Comment

Check Der Rittmeister. he has 2 of them. Just have to dig deep into the wallet.

Comment

it was one that was used sole for the medal bar so the orginal wouldnt get damaged a wears copy i belive there called! the real one is in 800 silver where this one is just plated silver! still its nice!

Comment

Especially for the difference in price!

Richard V

Comment

Where can I find a picture of a real one with the silver content mark?

Comment

Well.....

....... you can't. The issued SBM was silver (parts unknown) and marked with the designer's name below the bust. Prussian Silver Laws were routinely ignored by Prussian Jewelers, Saxon Jewelers as well as Bavarians. One must be careful as there are no "absolutes" here......... just as (IMO) you will not find (authentic, period examples) of the flight badges with crowns on them.
                  (here we go again)

Comment

OK, here's the back of the 4 medal bars that were originally pictured. The one with the '"rare" ribbon is hallmarked for Godet. Patrick, where can I pick up one of those wearer's copies?
                    Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X