No announcement yet.

Schlesisches Adler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. You don't see many award docs to women.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      Thanks for the correction. I must burn my dictionary. I always thought Hütten were huts, dwellings or lodgings.

I checked on Babylon and 'Hüttenwesen' translates as Steel Industry. So, I assume she was a director of a steel factory - quite a job for a woman at that time.

In any event, it's quite unusual to find the SA awarded to a woman.
      The word "Hütten" can also mean huts. That's is the problem with languages. The same word can have different meanings.

Perhaps she was the director of a steel factory, but I guess her husband was the director and that was the reason why they called his wife "Frau Hüttendirektor".

PS: No doubt! Very rare to find a SA, that was given to a woman.
      Last edited by Sergeant 08; 08-12-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Nice badge Trevor, is that a mark/ square punch or a dent?

Best regards,
        Michel
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought I could post this photo in this 8 year old thread since there is a Schlesischer Adler awarded to a woman as shown back in 2012 and in this photo both women are wearing a similar award in Cunnersdorf( I'm not saying these women were personally awarded the Adler). Photographic evidence of women and the Freikorps seems to be pretty rare. I've done a google search and came up with nothing.

Last edited by BlackWatch1; 01-18-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

This is certainly a spoof photo based on the ribbon bars, wound badge and uniforms themselves. And nicely done!

Comment

Regarding the document awarded to the "Frau Huettendirektor", if she were the actual head of the firm then I would expect the title to read "Frau Huettendirektorin". Her hubby was the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                Regarding the document awarded to the "Frau Huettendirektor", if she were the actual head of the firm then I would expect the title to read "Frau Huettendirektorin". Her hubby was the boss.
                Yes. When I showed this at the same time on GMIC, it was established that her title came from her husband. I assume therefore her husband probably also got the SAII.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X