Weimar Republic Colonial Service Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote: ''I don't like that narrow block hinge and the pointed needle pin''

Like these? They are seen on many period badges I think.
    Attached Files

Comment

One last attempt at a better quality picture. The badge has verdigris around the lettering and nooks and crannies.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ron,

I believe this one is an original, and a mini also.....

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Hi Ron. Thanks for posting. Very nice. That for sure is the Detlev book example and that style is for sure the fakers favorite to copy, pin assembly patent number and all. I believe my example is genuine, produced from a variation die and pin assembly by another maker. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
            Quote: ''I don't like that narrow block hinge and the pointed needle pin''

Like these? They are seen on many period badges I think.
            Ok. I take it back. Although, I have seen this type of hinge and pin on known fakes of various badges which prompted my comment about it. The badge posted by Ron R. is an original and shows the die flaw seen on the badges from the 1920s.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
              Ok. I take it back. Although, I have seen this type of hinge and pin on known fakes of various badges which prompted my comment about it. The badge posted by Ron R. is an original and shows the die flaw seen on the badges from the 1920s.
              I agree with you and thank you for your input. Believe me,I have had my fakes. I have faith in mine mainly because it is so different in the obverse details from Ron R's badge and is actually more intricate and delicate. The pin assembly is what I like to see from this period. In hand the aging and patina looks great and would be tough to fake. It is a quality made badge. More research is in order. All the Best, Ron.

Comment

IMO, the most desirable and scarcest version of this badge in aluminum.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X