No announcement yet.

I want to show you my early BW-Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to hijack Stefan's thread here with discussion about BGS stamps, but not think this theory really make sense. In early years, each GSG would have 3 Abteilungen attached (later this would vary 2-4). Ausbildungs- and Bauabteilungen (after 1957 Technische Abt.) would be attached to GSK level instead. Usually units are only noted as Hundertschaft and then GSG without Abteilung. Not see them noted together typically.

Abteilung would be noted as GSA I/5 (= GS-Abteilung I of GSG 5)
    Hundertschaft as 3./ GSG 5 (= 3. Hu. of GSG 5)
    Units at GSK level with GSAT, GSAA, FMH, etc. Nord, for example for GSK Nord

Here couple examples with unit markings. First one even have I and II (or 2 I?) stamps!

Regards
    Klaus
    Last edited by Klaus1989; 04-21-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah, my theory probably doesn't hold up. Perhaps it is to signify the item has been issued? Well, whatever it is the stamp is clearly not from the factory.

Steve

Comment

I want to update that thread.

I let the pictures speak.

Regards,
        Stefan
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Stefan,

The pictures do speak for themselves. Very nice uniforms. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Great displays! This is what I can only hope to achieve someday (when I have more room!).

Regards
              Klaus

Comment

Thanks Gordon and Klaus for your comments.

Klaus, I know the problem. I wish I had more room to display my other uniforms.

Regards,
                Stefan

Comment

Do you or anyone else here know what happened to famous ww2 personalities uniforms that served post war especially from the Luftwaffe. Possibly displayed in a museum, or in a private collection. If so can you name the officer such as a general by name and if it is in a public or private collection, but something they actually wore. nice display...many of us have been keeping our eyes out for higher officer post war uniforms, but it seems they are mostly in Europe so far.

Comment

The problem with identifying uniforms of these guys is that the dress uniforms in the Bundeswehr were rarly marked with the name. In the early years anything was issued stuff and later on most officers purchased their uniforms from the KKB which also did not used named labels as many taylors do. The only thing frequently marked is the headgear.... so you have to find a full set with hat or have to get the uniform directly from the owner/family to be sure what it is ...

Jens

Comment

juoneen,

You can find mine here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ebeling&page=3

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Really nice display of even better uniforms!

Seeing these makes me even more anxious to get a proper mannequin. I found a place a few hours away that has used ones so in a month or so I'll probably finally have one. But with 2000 uniforms on hand, I think I'll have to suffer through displaying them one at a time as I certainly don't have room for a brigade's worth of mannequins

Echoing what others have said, I have found the same problem with the lack of names. I have an early 1960s LW Oberst private purchase jacket, which means the wearer was definitely in the LW during WW2 and probably was senior enough to be documented. But since there is no name, just really bad body oder!, there's no hope of knowing whose it was.

I have an early 1960's Brigadiergeneral's jacket and managed to use the process of elimination with the evidence on hand to figure out who most likely wore it. I'm pretty sure I have it pegged correctly, but since it's only a very educated guess it could be wrong.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                          Do you or anyone else here know what happened to famous ww2 personalities uniforms that served post war especially from the Luftwaffe. Possibly displayed in a museum, or in a private collection. If so can you name the officer such as a general by name and if it is in a public or private collection, but something they actually wore. nice display...many of us have been keeping our eyes out for higher officer post war uniforms, but it seems they are mostly in Europe so far.
                          I have this jacket in my collection to alfred sticht you might like to see
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Alfred Sticht,DKiG Holder

Gentlemen,

Very nice Bundesluftwaffe uniform of Alfred Sticht,German Cross in Gold Holder! I read about him from the book "Kampfgeschwader 53,Legion Condor" by Heinz Kiehl.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X