No announcement yet.

GSG9 helmet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought one this year for 150 euros and sold one this year for 365 dollars on ebay . You pay $5000 for a ww2 fj so these represent fantastic value . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
      I don't have access to my B-W SEK helmet right now, but I do have this one picture of it. Not a modified BW helmet:

Steve
      Sorry, I not make up this theory, I only mention it. It was discussed in another thread here once. I have never handled one of these in person, so I can not confirm this user's idea. Also not sure, if it is same model as your helmet.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&postcount=354

Regards
      Klaus

Comment

I thought the 'moose green' color was strictly a BGS GSG9 color.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
          Sorry, I not make up this theory, I only mention it. It was discussed in another thread here once. I have never handled one of these in person, so I can not confirm this user's idea. Also not sure, if it is same model as your helmet.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&postcount=354

Regards
          Klaus
          Interesting! Well, as I said the B-W SEK helmet I have is definitely not the same as the GSG-9 helmet (I have one of those as well). No questions about that. The liner and chin strap are the same, but that could be coincidental. There's a long history of common components between Polizei, BGS, Bundeswehr, and even THW/ZB items. It doesn't "feel" like a cut down BW helmet (I have a couple), but I've never taken specific measurements so I can say either way for sure.

Looking at this again, I favor the opinion that it is a cut down helmet.

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
          I thought the 'moose green' color was strictly a BGS GSG9 color.
          Generally, yes. I'm not sure if there are exceptions, however I wouldn't be surprised if there are.

To bring this back to the original question, I am not familiar with any GSG-9 helmets being used by Polizei SEK. Until there's some reason to think that a GSG-9 style helmet in the same color was used by SEK I think it's best to presume that if it looks like GSG-9 then it is.

Steve

Comment

Gentlelmen,

We did several posts a few years ago on helmets like the one Steve owns. I have one the same. According to a member of the B-W SEK these helmets were rarely worn. A small lit came on the market about the time Steve mentioned. They were snapped up quickly and I have not seen them for sale since.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Heh... I thought I remembered you being one of the other guys that bought one

BTW, I just noticed a major editing problem in my previous post. For the sake of clarity my first paragraph should read:

Interesting! Well, as I said the B-W SEK helmet I have is definitely not the same as the GSG-9 helmet (I have one of those as well). No questions about that. The liner and chin strap are the sameas the BW helmet, but that could be coincidental. There's a long history of common components between Polizei, BGS, Bundeswehr, and even THW/ZB items. It doesn't "feel" like a cut down BW helmet (I have a couple), but I've never taken specific measurements so I can say either way for sure.
              Addition in bold.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                Gentlelmen,

We did several posts a few years ago on helmets like the one Steve owns. I have one the same. According to a member of the B-W SEK these helmets were rarely worn. A small lit came on the market about the time Steve mentioned. They were snapped up quickly and I have not seen them for sale since.

Regards,

Gordon
                I have seen a couple of the BaWü helmets on ebay.de in past couple months or so. They appear very rarely there.

Comment

I've been looking for one of these in a size 58 or 59. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, contact me please.

Comment

This could be of interest here, if actually original. Appear to be unmodified Bw Fj helmet repainted for BaW SEK units in contrast to apparent cut-down versions, that have been seen so far.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Stahlhelm-dun...item2ed9ba6033

Comment

I saw that one a few days ago and thought the same thing. Nice, but too expensive IMHO.

Steve

Comment

Klaus,

I wouldn't touch that helmet with a stick. It is a fake. A repainted FJ helmet with added decals which are readily available on ebay.de. We had a thread running on the correct helmet for B-W SEK slightly over a year ago. Here is what the real thing looks like.

Regards,

Gordon
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                          Klaus,

I wouldn't touch that helmet with a stick. It is a fake. A repainted FJ helmet with added decals which are readily available on ebay.de. We had a thread running on the correct helmet for B-W SEK slightly over a year ago. Here is what the real thing looks like.

Regards,

Gordon
                          no worries, not collect Polizei anymore and had no plans to buy it! Y es I am aware of the other helmets from earlier discussion. Was not 100%, if this such variant was original, so posted for discussion.

Comment

That was my first thought, but my second one is that I don't know enough about these helmets to know what was/wasn't used. Still, the brand new condition is a "red flag" warning sign. If the starting bid was EUR 20 I might go for it, but at EUR 150... no chance!

Steve

Comment

GSG9 helmet - nice helmet model, I use it 5 years for drive my bike, I cross half EU in it helmet with bike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X