Bundeswehr trial uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr trial uniform

I purchased this set of camoflauge back in 1998 from a dealer that I had done business with for years. He told me that it was some trial camoflauge that the Bundeswehr was testing. It came with the parka, a heavy shirt, another shirt that could be tucked into the pants, and the pants. He said he bought the uniforms directly from the factory after the trials were over. He said he had all 1000 sets. I have not seen any photos of these any where or been able to gather any other information on it.
    Attached Files

The heavy undershirt
    Attached Files

Comment

Dudley,

Very interesting uniform. BW trial uniforms are usually marked as such in a number of different ways depending on the process and where they are in the trials. I've seen pictures of BW officers wearing similar designs but closer to the U.S. woodland pattern than this pattern is. As usual, I can not find these pictures when I want to! NSN 8415-12-322-1223 is listed as "ANORAK, TARNMUSTER".

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I have just been told (by a member fo the Bw) that these are fake items made in China and that the labels are from other items of Bw Uniform.

Marc
        Last edited by Marc Sherriff; 05-29-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Interesting, I hope it is not so. But looks like it might be since the numbers on the tags don't match what the item really is.

Comment

At least the Parka is shown in the Schuster-Book on Page 156.
            From what I see in the Pic's, it looks ok to me, not really a chinese quality.

Comment

I have also found the following so questions thrown back to the Bw.

Marc

8415-12-322-1223 Parka Camouflaged (Anorak, Tarnmuster) also illustrated in the big Bw Book on page 156.
              8415-12-322-4223 Shirt Mans (Hemd Maenner)
              NSNs allocated in 1990 BUNDESAMT FUER WEHRTECHNIK UND BESCHAFFUNG -TECHNI

Comment

Some remarks. If I remember correctly 1998 was the year our unit received the 5 color Flecktarn uniform, the Bw is still wearing today. We were by far not the last unit receiving it, I think the whole exchange lasted more than 5 years.
                Of course it is possible, that the BWB did trials on a new uniforms even before the whole Bw was equiped with the 5 color Flecktarn but I can't imagine that they had ordered a number of 1000 sets of these. Once again, I do not claim that this uniforms are not legit and I can imagine that a very small number of these where ordered for reseach etc. but the dealer must be wrong with a number of 1000 IMHO.

Comment

Maybe Steve is too busy to check on us these days, but this is something he recently addressed on his own forum (hope it's ok to link it here):

http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t6446-tr...-woodland-camo

Basically, these are destined for the commercial market.

Gene T

Comment

So still fake but maybe not made in China?

Marc

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info. I guess now I know. I can always use it for hunting or paintball since it is nothing scarce.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Here is what Schuster has to say about the picture on page 156.

"Last still another note: To the so-called "Truppenversch 1998", which is discussed occasionally in collecting circles, with suits on average of the Clothing concept 90 in different foreign camouflage patterns so far no official documents could be proven."

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I am busy, but not too busy

Thanks for the translation, Gordon. The most information I've ever seen that these things are "Bundeswehr" was one guy in email swearing he saw them in use by BW. I don't doubt that they might have been used for OPFOR (wargame enemy force), but for actual BW? No way. Why would they suddenly move to a pattern like a Woodland derivative? I don't buy it at all, especially because these are SPECON uniforms.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that SPECON either came upon some surplus cloth or had produced some to compete for a foreign contract of some sort. When whatever it was they were trying to do fell through, they decided to make some money off the cloth. The cheapest way to do that is make them in standard BW designs. How so? SPECON already has the BW patterns and production experience.

I will say the parka is probably the least common item I've seen. The field shirts the most common, followed by the service shirts. Trousers used to be easy to find, but I've not seen one lately.

Steve

Comment

Camo

I have seen them before, if i remember right they were made for i think a Balkan country sort of like the Libyan military using the BGS camo.

Comment

I doubt it. All the Balkan countries have their own domestic, much cheaper, uniform manufacturers. I've certainly never seen a single piece of this in use with any country, at all. It's unlikely that there would be so much of this stuff brand new in Germany and not seen elsewhere used. It's also unlikely that SPEKON would make this stuff for a country and not receive payment, and if they received payment then that country would have received the uniforms. Etc.

This is a case where it should be thought 100% commercial, no military connection, unless proven otherwise

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X