Tatigkeitsabzeichen meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tatigkeitsabzeichen meaning

I have been able to figure out a translation for most Tatigkeitsabzeichen, but cannot figure out what would be a good translation for the "Rohrwaffenpersonal" Tatigkeitsabzeichen? The dictionary seems to suggest that it has something to do with tube weapons like mortars or cannons. Looking at the insignia on the badge; cannon, rifle and a bomb, the best I can come up with is, Ordinance Personnel?

Can anyone confirm what the accepted military translation is?

Originally posted by usmedalman View Post
    I have been able to figure out a translation for most Tatigkeitsabzeichen, but cannot figure out what would be a good translation for the "Rohrwaffenpersonal" Tatigkeitsabzeichen? The dictionary seems to suggest that it has something to do with tube weapons like mortars or cannons. Looking at the insignia on the badge; cannon, rifle and a bomb, the best I can come up with is, Ordinance Personnel?

If I remember correctly 'Rohrwaffenpersonal' was the German equivalent to Tube Launched Weapon Systems Operator, the equivalent of a TOW missile crewman or a Mortarman or something along those lines in the U.S. Army. I have one of those Tatigkeitsabzeichen as well I had to do some thorough research and after scratching my head for a long time I finally got the answer

Comment

Hello, "Rohrwaffen" means in fact all weapons including small arms, machine guns, mortars, tank guns, tube artillery etc. EXCEPT missile systems.
      Referring to Army Office regulations personnel (Officers, NCO's and Enlisted) of the following Army branches can be distinguished with the Tätigkeitsabzeichen "Rohrwaffenpersonal":
      Infanterie, Panzergrenadiere, Panzer, Panzeraufklärer, Panzerjäger (obsolete), Artillerie, Mörser, Heeresflugabwehr, Pioniere (Infantry, Mountain Inf, Airborne Inf, SF, Armored Inf, Armor, Armored Recon, Anti Tank, Arty, Mortar, Air Defence, Engineers)
      Grade of the award depends on training skills and time of service.

Lars

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
        Hello, "Rohrwaffen" means in fact all weapons including small arms, machine guns, mortars, tank guns, tube artillery etc. EXCEPT missile systems.
        Referring to Army Office regulations personnel (Officers, NCO's and Enlisted) of the following Army branches can be distinguished with the Tätigkeitsabzeichen "Rohrwaffenpersonal":
        Infanterie, Panzergrenadiere, Panzer, Panzeraufklärer, Panzerjäger (obsolete), Artillerie, Mörser, Heeresflugabwehr, Pioniere (Infantry, Mountain Inf, Airborne Inf, SF, Armored Inf, Armor, Armored Recon, Anti Tank, Arty, Mortar, Air Defence, Engineers)
        Grade of the award depends on training skills and time of service.

Lars
        Right, everything with a barrel for firing Projectiles. From Musket to Large Ordnance like "Big Berta". But I'm not sure if they still use that old Stuff.

Comment

With such a wide range of weapns, what was a person's job who held the badge? Repairing and maintaining the weapons or proficiency with using them?

Comment

With such a wide range of weapns, what was a person's job who held the badge? Repairing and maintaining the weapons or proficiency with using them?
            The latter, using them.

Comment

Yes, even engineers wore that badge.

Everything with barreled weapons.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X