X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man, what a cool ride

Comment

Awesome!

I want one! Congratulations that's a beauty.

Comment

I´m pleased you like it ...

Kradrider ... in case you need speedy link to the Borgwardforum...:http://www.multi-board.com/board/ind...rd&boardID=105

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Jens;great truck and to keep 10 people fed,you can consider a goulash kanone behind it.
          would look stunning with a smokin chimney behind it and if you were going to sell bratworst on your way to,or at beltring it could become a profitable combination.
          kees

Comment

Kees, for such an undertaking there is a very nice offer on ebay... someone is selling a 100% complete "Rüstsatz Feldküche" for a MAN / Mercedes 5 ton truck... Its a complete kit with two ovens, pots, nives, bowls, tables, plates ... everything you need to set up a field kitchen minus the truck and the tent... all unissued stuff from the 60ies! But sadly I´ve not a 5 ton truck and not the 5 k€ he likes to have for the stuff...
            The Borgward would not be my first choice for towing filed kitchen . These things are quite heavy and need a truck with a better brake system...

Jens

Comment

Jens,really didn't realise a field kitchen is so heavy.
              maybe it's my love of bratwurst that carried me away.
              I really have a weakness for german cuisine,and I'm always serious about food and nice trucks like yours.
              would look great together however.
              all the best,
              kees

Comment

Gents,

Please see the attached BGS photo. Could this be a picture of the Borgward in service?

Many thanks,

TJ
                Attached Files

Comment

Real nice photo, TJ, and yes, the BGS used several types of Borgward trucks. But the B 2000 type was only used in the 9 seater version (with softtop as well as with a hardtop on the back). The vehicle shown in the picture must be a Hannomag AL 28 GruKW 1 (Gruppenkraftwagen - group vehicle) .While the later GruKW 2 had an apearance very much like the B 2000 9 seater (...and both looking like the HORCH from WH era) this was a more or less regular flatbed truck with benches and mounting points for weapons.

Most interesting is that all GruKW of the BGS had lots of weapon holders and mounting points for the MG 1 while all the BW trucks had none of these features ...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Jens,

Excellent information!

Thanks!

All the best,
                    TJ

Comment

Oh, the truck pic was on Ebay last week. I was outbid on it.

Comment

Das tut mir leid, mein Herr......

Comment

borgward

Hi gentlemen,

congatulations for your superb work !

Unfortunately the Borgward will remain a "night mare" to me

as I had to take driving lessons on it !!

That was the time when the slogan : "shifting gears is not a secret"

was proven and certified

Thank you and good luck

Wolf

Comment

Yes, Wolf, is a little difficulty to shift gear in silence ... but after a year training it getting more and more silent ...

Jens

Comment

Bw

Thanks Jens have now joined the forum hope to post some pics of work ive done soon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X