My new toy - Borgward B2000 A/O 0,75 ton flatbed truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy - Borgward B2000 A/O 0,75 ton flatbed truck

After buying a first Borgward over two years ago - in this case a 9 seater personell carrier - the restoration project stalled as the workshop is too far away and time was rare... and no no time is left as I changed my job. So the project will take some more years to be completed. But something had to happen to keep up the spirit and so I decided to buy a second Borgward, this time in roadworthy condition. And as two identical vehicles are a bit boaring I took the chance to purchase a rare flatbed version of the B2000. Only around 800 of 6.500 were build in this configuration and aproximately 20 survived until today. Mine is build in 1956 and in more ore less original condition - even the canvas is original. Some minor thingns have to be done but it passed technical inspection in the first atempt...
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

The tactical sign is of the first stile as used up to the late 60ies. It belongs to a (most possible never established...) Anti aircraft battery 150 which would have been in Koblenz (my first Borgward was used by PzBtln 153 back in 1959)
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to that beauty .

Where did you find it?

Comment

Thanks!

I did "find" it via the Militärfahrzeugforum ... one of the guys over there was talking about downsizing his collection to raise funds for his Hotchkiss project. So I offered help ...

Jens

Comment

Great vehicle and beautiful condition

Would be great to meet up with our vehicles sometime. If ever you come to War and Peace Show let me know !

Regards

Steve

Comment

Is that camoflage netting between the cab and bed? Is it original?

Thanks for posting and congrats in your latest purchase...
              Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

@Steve: Visiting Beltring is one of the points on my list... at the moment me and some other guys owning early BW verhicles are thinking of a early BW display ... but the main problem - as ever - is how to get it into the shedule of 10+ people...

@ Ralph: No, the netting is a decorative "add on" of the former owner...máybe I´ll remove it, but at the moment it will stay there...

Jens

Comment

Thanks for the update...I vote that it should stay...

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
                  @Steve: Visiting Beltring is one of the points on my list... at the moment me and some other guys owning early BW verhicles are thinking of a early BW display ... but the main problem - as ever - is how to get it into the shedule of 10+ people...

@ Ralph: No, the netting is a decorative "add on" of the former owner...máybe I´ll remove it, but at the moment it will stay there...

Jens
                  Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

WOW!

Comment

Wow thats so Cool!!

this is on auction in the USA right now

MILITARY ROLLING STOCK TANK

Cheiftain Batle Tank, UK "6" Leyland, 55 tons, 35 foot long, 10 ft high, 12 ft wide, Built from 1966 to 1994. Carries a crew of 4 up to 30 MPH with armament of 120 mm Rifle L11A5 with crawler Street pads.

Comment

many compliments for the acquiring and for the great restoring!!!!

Comment

Very interresting vehicle !
                          Thanlks for showing.

Regards

Bernhard

Comment

Hi JUST got one of the Borgward B2000a flat-bed trucks delivered to England and will be setting about working on it this summer, no idea how long it will take mine was used by the red-cross and has had some vandalism to the front and side windows ....some rust but seems OK ....I could post some pics if any ones interested?

Comment

Hej Kradrider !! wellcome to the BW section here and congratulations to the B2000 ! I think I saw the auction on ebay ... and stopped bidding at one point. So great to hear that this rare truck is in good hands and will be restored properly. If we talk about the same truck its a very complete one you bought... many hard to get things are present ... for further information you should join the "Militärfahrzeugforum" (militaryvehicle forum) on Multiboard. They have a special Borgward sub forum with many experts ...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X