No announcement yet.

Interesting Auction Items - Industrial Police & Firemen's Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon - We've had some good discussions on the Labor Service in the past which resulted in me being able to identify some previously unidentified insignia in my collection. The Industrial Police branch of the LSU was covered only in passing which is why this offering caught my eye.

I'm with you in trying to stay focused on certain aspects of the BRD for collecting purposes, but thought that the eye catching firemen's orders might be of interest to those collectors whose nets are cast a little wider than ours.

Uncle Kurt - Thanks for adding the IP decorations and the link to the LSU website with its rare photos.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Some of My IP's.
      sorry for the bad Pic, it was made for the "On Loan" File of McNair Museum.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. View Post
        Team - These items have been offered on Manion's recently and I thought they may be of interest. I don't recall us having covered them before.

I'll begin with a collection of Industrial Police insignia, apparently worn by German security officers in the U.S. sector in the early Cold War era.

The rank bars look very similar to those worn by the East German Factory Militia (Kampfgruppen). South Korea also employs a series of horizontal red bars in its rank structure.

Next up, Firemen's Long Service Orders.

All the best - TJ
        The Arm Shields are smaller as the ones I know. I think they're maybe for the Shirt and not the Jacket. Also the CG is interesting as everything is directly embroidered. From Berlin I know them all as single insignia sewn on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X