Second generation dress tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jens,

Is that an "Unteroffizierschule 1" arm band on the sleeve cuffs? Nice Feldjaeger tunic. Still looking for one of those.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Nice jacket indeed!

Hey, I just noticed in the picture TJ posted... the LW uniform has no Kragenspiegel. Did the BW originally intend the uniform to be worn without them?

Steve

Comment

@Gordon: Yes, thes are Unteroffiziersschule I cuffbands - and although they look periode aplied I´m not sure at the moment if they really belong to this tunic...

@Steve: Normaly not ... if I remember correct the LW collar tabs where introduced and applied to the Affenjacke/Zweitschenrock before the new stile was presented.

Jens

Comment

Hi,

Steve:
          "Did the BW originally intend the [Lw] uniform to be worn without the [Kragenspiegel]?"

Yes, from 1955 to August 1957.

The picture in Post 10 is from February 1957.
          Six months later came the collar tabs.

Uwe

Comment

Uwe, your absolutely correct, I ignored the date of the picture and thought of the date the four pocket tunic came in general use... Feb 57 for sure was Sanella time in the Heer while the Luftwaffe had blac collars...

Jens

Comment

Jens,

"Feb 57 for sure was Sanella time in the Heer"

No, the Sanella time ended officially in December 1956, in the reality very early in 1957.

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X