No announcement yet.

1.Gebirgsdivision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone be able to show some pics of a Bundeswehr Gebirgsjager tunic both officer and NCO. Thanks

Phil

Comment

Phil,

Look at this thread for two early GJ tunics. There were other GJ tunics worn but we do not have a thread covering all of the GJ tunics worn since the BW originated. I'll see what else I can dig up out of my files to post re your request.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=481579

Regards,

Gordon
      Last edited by Gordon Craig; 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Phil, I have a nice current (1970s-now) GJ senior NCOs jacket, I'll post pics this evening

Comment

Thanks Gordon that was an interesting article and one I missed during my search for GJ related threads. I particularly liked the Edelweiss pic of the 1st GJ Division.

I look forward Passauer8884 to seeing your pics of your current jacket.

I am very new to BRD items. I mainly collect Edelweiss patches from Third Reich era and have a few however I recently purchased a GJ combat jacket from WW2 with edelweiss patch attached and decided to expand my collecting theme to that of current GJ items as well hence my request for photo reference to BRD GJ jackets. I would however appreciate any pics of post war edelweiss patches as there does seem to be quite a few alternatives that were issued to the Bundeswehr.

Look forward to seeing further items.

Phil

Comment

Phil,
            This is a 1997 dated example for a Oberstabsfeldwebel, the collar litzen are the medium blue color for the Logistiktruppe (including repair, transport and other technical personnel) Though sometimes its hard to tell color apart from the darker blue used by the medical branch. These havent changed much since the early 1970s. This ones a BIG size, at least a US 42.

Comment

Very nice jacket and just the sort of thing I am after. Thanks for showing me I appreciate it.

Phil

Comment

No problem! Its always a pleasure to share "the stuff"! If you are looking for one of these I may have a spare...I'll take a look and send you a PM.

Comment

Passauer,

the jacket is looking like my one i had during my active duty. Now i am in the Reserve and we had to change the Edelweiss badge from the 1. Gebirgsdivision to the not so good looking badge of the 23. Gebirgsbrigade.

Comment

Phil,

The four pocket service tunic was also worn by the GJ. The eidelwiess was often worn on the left side of the beret as can be seen in wear by the soldier in the middle. The colour of the beret worn in the 1st GJ Division followed that of your arm of service. I have several different coloured berets with the eidelwiess on the left side.

Regards,

Gordon
                    Attached Files

Comment

Phil,

The arm badges worn by the headquarters staff and the brigades over the life of the 1st GJ Division. Each picture shows two arm badges for the same unit which are slightly different. Probably different makers. The badges are from my collection. The black lines on the outside circle identify the headquaters unit of a division. This goes for all divisions in the BW.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The other two brigades.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gordon so the regular service uniform was also in use by the GJ units and not just the "ski jacket" type (I think that is what it is called). Regarding the picture, I see what you mean about the edelweiss badge being worn but what badge is the chap wearing on the side of his red beret. The fellow closest to the camera is the chap I am talking about.

Sorry to be a pain but as said I dont know anything about the Bundeswehr. I have an artillery Hauptmann's tunic already and have coming a red beret with the crossed cannon badge. So I take berets were the normal headdress for wearing with the service tunic...is that right. If so what normal headdress would be associated with the ski type jacket?

Thanks for your patience and thanks for all the help I am getting.

Regards
                          Phil

Comment

Phil, I´ll try to take a picture tomorrow... the typical GJ cap is a cap very much the same as the M43 of the Wehrmacht...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
                              Thanks Gordon so the regular service uniform was also in use by the GJ units and not just the "ski jacket" type (I think that is what it is called). Regarding the picture, I see what you mean about the edelweiss badge being worn but what badge is the chap wearing on the side of his red beret. The fellow closest to the camera is the chap I am talking about.

Sorry to be a pain but as said I dont know anything about the Bundeswehr. I have an artillery Hauptmann's tunic already and have coming a red beret with the crossed cannon badge. So I take berets were the normal headdress for wearing with the service tunic...is that right. If so what normal headdress would be associated with the ski type jacket?

Thanks for your patience and thanks for all the help I am getting.

Regards
                              Phil
                              Phil,

You are not being a pain. We all had to learn these things at some point and I am more than happy to share what knowledge I have with you.

Now for your questions. To match your artillery Hauptman's tunic you need a red beret with an embroidered cap badge. Metal badges were worn by enlisted men. The cap badge you describe is correct for artillery. Berets have been standard wear for many years.
                              Normal headgear worn with the ski jacket, and with the camouflage uniforms, can be found in posts #9 through #14 on page one of this thread. The grey cap was also worn with the camouflage uniform but this seems to have occured more often when the GJ were serving outside Germany. Kosovo is a good example of this.
                              The badge worn by the guy in the picture I posted is hard to see but it could be for a Feldjaeger.
                              If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon for that information. It would appear I have bought the correct beret for my Hauptmann Artillery Jacket but I have never seen an embroidered crossed cannon badge for said beret. Fortunately the crossed cannon metal badge I am awaiting on was not expensive so I didnt waste much there and I probably will use it eventually. Do you by chance have a picture of a beret with embroidered badge just for my future reference.

Yes I am beginning to understand a little of the GJ headgear worn with the different jackets. Thankyou all so much for your help and I look forward to seeing some more pics as promised.

Oh yeah one other matter......you guys on this particular forum are very pleasant and helpful. Its a pity not all the forum users are as good to deal with. Its a real pleasure to talk to you. Thanks

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X