• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I really dont know anything about these tunics....but they all must be about the same ....but what does the luft version hat look like. I have a couple bullion luft caps...not sure if they would go with the luft tunic? Hope i didnt post too many photos. I was suprised the button maker was overhoff...and the size is for a much thinner fellow, and longer in the arms.(or maybe they wear them longer)...Ill bet they are all bullion uniforms in these tunics....the similarities of cufftitle bullion to the ww2 type scares me , and i feel they may be able to duplicate anything almost from ww2. As the tailoring is very fine on these.
            Last edited by juoneen; 04-02-2010, 09:12 PM.

Comment

juoneen,

So here we are. All of these tunics with the slip-on shoulder boards seem to have bullion insignia and cuffbands. I need to go to my local surplus store and check out the tunics there. Would you post a picture of the label please. I'm trying to get a grip on when these tunics were first made. So far, the earliest one has been 1999 and he latest 2001.
              As for the Luft tunic, they would not have worn the visor cap. A blue Luft beret with a bullion Wachbatallion cap badge would have been what they wore.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hey G....check frame 47....Inside pocket left side turned out .I dont know what i was thinking, sure thats right...a blue beret....Strange how they are popping up. I got a set of gold trimmed boards last summer, that i wasnt sure was post or ww2 period, as they attach ...sewn to the shoulder seam, but these all seem to have the slip ons...the gold trimmed boards were 1.00 so i had to buy em, and they were stitched together at the wide end in the middle .

Comment

collar tab inside stitching...matching thread.

Comment

Both of mine are dated 1999 and have "Q" numbers.

For those of you who are familiar with the different shades of gray of BW tunics, the color is closest to those of the early/mid 1960s IMHO. Certainly much darker than the recent issue tunics I have.

Steve

Comment

The Wachbattalion on Parade

Gentlemen,

I love a torch light parade. Gives me shivers. Click on the link below to watch the Wachbattalion do what they do best. After watching this film why would you collect anything else!!!!!

Regards,

Gordon
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4QUI...eature=related

Comment

Wachbatallion helmets

Gentlemen,

The Wachbatallion always had a special helmet for wear on parades etc. These helmets were refered to as "Helm Reprรคsenatation". Here are some pictures of the early Wachbatallion helmets.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Both sides.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The markings inside.
                            Attached Files

Comment

There are two different helmets worn by todays Wachbatallion. I need to ask for permission to post some pictures of them in wear before I continue this thread.
                              Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gentlemen,

I must appologize for taking so long to add these helmet pictures. They are not very good ones to illustrate the difference in the G helmet finishes. Perhaps I can find better ones later.
                                For funerals the Wachbataillon wears a helmet with a dull finish. For normal parades they wear a helmet with a shiny finish.

Regards,

Gordon
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X