Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Marine uniforms

Gentlemen,

I'd like to start a thread on Marine uniforms. Other than hats, we hardly ever talk about this branch of the BW. My uniform colection, and knowledge, in this area is very limited and I would like to expand it. Perhaps someone with good knowledge in this area can help me out. I received a marine jumper in the mail yesterday, with some other items, and they are fairly obvious as to style etc. I'd like to know the followinh;
    1-what else goes with the jumper?
    2-what do the pants look like that go with the jumper?
    3-what sort of foot wear is worn on and off the ship?

Regards,

Gordon

Bundesmarine uniformen

The boots at least, are a known quantity - a knobelbecher type boot but with the sole from the '80s era combat boot, the brown rubber cleated soles. Wolfram Deibel sold these for years as the Bundesmarine deck boot. Of course, I don't know if they were an issue thing or aftermarket, like the fallschirmjager boots Deibel sold; I never saw BW fallschirmjager wearing those.

Comment

Allen,

Do you have any pictures of these boots? Wolfram Deibel is a name I haven't heard in years. Brings back old memories.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

deck boots

Hi Gordon,

Sportsman's Guide is selling them now for around $60, they're listed as German Navy deck boot, I think. They look like the same item Deibel had. Is Wolfram Deibel out of business? can't find them on the web.

By the way, don't German army navy stores just stink? They're really just crap stores for teenagers, and mostly US type crap at that. When I was over there Siegmund Stephan was really the only game in town for unusual BW/NVA stuff but even his site doesn't offer anything great these days. I miss Globe Militaria...

Comment

Allen.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Sportman's Guide. Wolfram Deiebel died some time ago. His wife ran the store for a while, or so I have been told, and I haven't heard anything of it for a long time.
          When Stephan first opened his business I did a lot of business with him. In those days he was an honest small time dealer. Since he has gotten bigger he carries some doubtful items. Globe Militaria was also a favourite of mine but when the owner died they disappeared. Oh for the good old days!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Globe

Globe lives on ( still? ) as Brandenburg Militaria in Keene but I haven't done any business with them. Old Jack at Globe had a somewhat sketchy rep among collectors going back to the sixties but you couldn't go wrong with Bundeswehr stuff.

Comment

Diane from Brandenburg Historica is a long time member of WAF. Their website currently lists some DDR stuff, but the BRD section is "under construction". I think their main focus has always been historical military music and literature.

I didn't "discover" Globe until the late '80s and can't think of a single item I bought from Jack that is worth sharing on this board. In fact, the only BRD item I specifically remember buying from him was a "dark green collared German tunic", which turned out to be a stripped BGS service uniform that was heavily moth-damaged. Still, he seemed to have had an unlimited supply of dirt cheap curios and relics; which meant that I was guaranteed a box of mystery items to sift through almost every month. That was all the fun that I thought I needed before eBay came along, right around the time of Jack's passing...

Gene T

Comment

Gentlemen,

I've bought numerous items from Diane and was always happy with purchases. She has always been very helpful with info on railroad stuff. Looking forward to seeing what she has to offer in BW items.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Siegmund Stephan is ok for insignia because he is often only one who has BRD patches, boards, etc. but many of his prices not so good. I have only bought one item from him that was not insignia and not entire convinced of its authenticity.

I think Brandenburg Militaria is mostly medals/awards.

regards
                  Klaus

Comment

Gents,

We drifted a bit from my original post to start a thread on the BW Marine. Now that I am home and have unpacked some of my stuff I can start showing the Marine stuff that I have. Other stuff is on the way!

To start with a tunic for an Admiral. Officers ranks are only displayed on the sleeves in the BW Marine. The rank displayed on this tunic is for the highest rank in the BW Marine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The brest badge worn on the left side indicates a sea going officer. It is embroidered in gold thread with the anchor done in metallic thread. The camera flash makes the anchor and the surrounding embroidery look the same colour. The anchor is actually much darker that the surrounding embroidery.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A close up of the sleeve rank.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The buttonns.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A close up of the ribbon bar.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The admiral's hat.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X