LW Flying Unit Cuff Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
    Thanks Gordon and RamJet. I just picked up this group and my curiosity was piqued about their history and use.

Anyone have an "Immelmann" they want to part with?

31 Euro plus pp the pair in hand embroidered quality here (official supplier of uniforms for Bundeswehr officers):

http://www.lhd-shop.de/Product.lhd?product=10580050

In contrast to the pre-1945 Luftwaffe we have the cuff titles applied on both arms.

Comment

Thank you for the link RamJet . I wish my German language skills were better, I might consider ordering one. However, while 31 Euro + shipping is probably a reasonable price, I paid about that for the five cuff titles I posted earlier, plus several others I didn't show!

Comment

The pair is hand-embroidered like Your "Mölders" CT, so that's why it is so expensive.

Perhaps You can find another collector who takes the scond CT?

Have a nice Sunday,
        Steve

Comment

Scott C,

Unless things have changed recently, I think that you will need a log on number to actually visit the Bundeswehr site and purchase items.
          31 Euros might sound a bit high but consider the fact that these are hand embroidered. The last time I bought a bullion machine woven BW cuffband, and this was several years ago when the U.S. dollar to Euro exchange rate was a lot better in favour of the dollar, I paid U. S. $20.00 each plus shipping and that was the purchase price through the BW facility. I was only able to complete this purchase through a U.S. serviceman who had a BW friend who actually bought the cuffbands. Convoluted but successful.
          They are available from time-to-time on ebay.de.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon. I have some USAF friends stationed in Germany - I might see if they know anyone that can work something out...

Comment

I would like to publicly thank RamJet (Steve), and the generosity of AG51 "I" for helping me obtain this pair of Geschwader Immelmann cuff titles.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Scott C.; 07-18-2009, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The Immelmann completes my set of BW Luftwaffe flying unit CTs.

Thanks again Steve!
                Attached Files

Comment

Scott,

Congratulations on completeing your cuffband set. Nice to see the Forum members cooperating to help each other achieve the desired end. Cudos to Ramjet!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Since you have one of each squadron are you going to stop there or continue collecting and add an enlisted man's cuffband and an officers cuffband for each squadron?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Scott - Please let me add my congratulations on completing your very appealing collection and my thanks to our fellow forum members in aiding you to achieve this goal.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                      Since you have one of each squadron are you going to stop there or continue collecting and add an enlisted man's cuffband and an officers cuffband for each squadron?

I might continue Godon. I've enjoyed surfing through the threads in this forum, and looking at the great BW collectables that have been posted. My 'normal' interest is early Luftwaffe (1935-40) and Legion Condor, but I'm just about priced-out of those areas...

Comment

The Immelmann completes my set of BW Luftwaffe flying unit CTs.

Thanks again Steve!

No problem, Scott.

Glad to help You!

Have a nice evening,
                        Steve

Comment

I might continue Godon. I've enjoyed surfing through the threads in this forum, and looking at the great BW collectables that have been posted. My 'normal' interest is early Luftwaffe (1935-40) and Legion Condor, but I'm just about priced-out of those areas...
                          Scott,

Most of us who post on the BRD Forum were once, and some stiil are, TR collectors. Due to the high quality of the faked uniforms I have not bought a TR uniform, other than Forestry, for several years. Bundeswehr uniforms can be just as interesting as TR, without the over inflated prices. Early BW uniforms, amd especially those worn by WH members are becoming very collectable and therefore escallating in price.
                          I hope that you continue to enjoy, and post threads, to this forum as well as collecting BW uniforms.
                          I am luck that I bought my early Lufwaffe and Condor legion uniforms years ago. I would not even consider doing so now.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello all,

Is the Werner Mölders more desirable or harder to acquire than the others because of the limited time frame that it was in use?

William Kramer
                            Attached Files
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Attached Files
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

All1new,

I would say yes. At least in my experience.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X