West Germany Fallschirmjager Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Sasso,

Nice haul. Wouldn't mind getting something like that myself!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Here are the ones I was awarded at Nagold during July of 1987, and what I generally wore. The newer pattern was just coming out, but we were only authorized to wear the top style in Germany. In the US I wore the newer pattern, as most did not know the difference.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi Z,

Interesting to see the contrast between the new and old metal version and what you actually wore and where.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello gentlemen, I just read through and thought I would add this jacket I have had for a long time
          Attached Files

Comment

qw
            Attached Files

Comment

ff
              Attached Files

Comment

nm
                Attached Files

Comment

upbeek,

Interesting jacket. I have never seen a Luftwaffe leather flight jacket with BW and French para wings on it. The crest on the arm is for Luftlandebrigade 26.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thankyou Gordon , i didnt know what the badges were exactly i bought the jacket from Germany i just like liked it as a jacket and its always been in good condition

Comment

Originally posted by John F. View Post
                      Hello,

Can anyone tell me what time period this West German Para badge was used, I'm guessing it was short lived? Does any one else have examples of this badge they would like to share?

Thanks,
                      John
                      I have found one of these marked "A" ( Assmann)...What would be a fair price to pay ?? Thanks, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                        Here are the ones I was awarded at Nagold during July of 1987, and what I generally wore. The newer pattern was just coming out, but we were only authorized to wear the top style in Germany. In the US I wore the newer pattern, as most did not know the difference.
                        I'm with you, current version though. Awarded mine a few times. Early 90's while on an FTX at Camp Aulenbach (Baumholder, Smith Barracks) And Pullendorf later 90's.

This is the second certificate I received, both for the Bronze wings for a total six jumps. The first certificate I believe I left in a buddy's car back then so I can forget about ever seeing that again. My kiddo also earned his several years ago.

Gluck Ab!

-Ray-
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by -Ray-; 12-16-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

The metal badge on the top must be a private purchase one, it is no standard Bundeswehr model. Did all US paras jumping with the German Army got this style of wings back then from the host unit? Very interesting!

The other one is the standard pattern award piece currently in use with the Bundeswehr.

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
                            The metal badge on the top must be a private purchase one, it is no standard Bundeswehr model. Did all US paras jumping with the German Army got this style of wings back then from the host unit? Very interesting!

The other one is the standard pattern award piece currently in use with the Bundeswehr.
                            I could be mistaken, but I thought this style was used in the '80s. Patrick has one shown in his recent find as well. It was the style I was awarded. I bought the more recent style at a BW clothing store in Koblenz a year or so later (1988 or 1989). I still have a couple in their packets.

I will dig out my award doc, and I also have a jump card.
                            Attached Files
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is one I bought at a BW base in Koblenz, back in the DM days.

Some others I picked up in Germany in my show sales box. The lower right 3 BGS/GSG-9 ones were given to me during some training sessions with GSG-9.
                              Attached Files
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is one I bought at a BW base in Koblenz, back in the DM days.

Some others I picked up in Germany in my show sales box. The lower right 3 BGS/GSG-9 ones were given to me during some training sessions with GSG-9.

Nice pieces, Willi!

The upper pic shows the standard award piece, also available at the LHD and its predecessor KKBw.

The lower pic shows in its upper row the standard wings for the olive drab combat dress (left, in silver) and for the NCO uniform (right, in gold) on dark blue Luftwaffe backing. The left one in the second row (on olive drab backing in bronze) is a pattern introduced in the 80s and was never accepted by the troops and rarely worn because it was so ugly. This pattern vanished very fast ...

The wing on olive drab backing in the third row at the left is a fantasy badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X