No announcement yet.

West Germany Fallschirmjager Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An example of the 1983-Present version (H. Pugh) in the grade of silver.

TJ
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi TJ,

"... with gold, silver and bronze wreaths"

I don't see a bronze version, because a badge (for the Bundesmarine) is always in Gold, and on this badge only the wreath must be in bronze and silver, in gold it is in the same colour, see the different colour on the silver badge.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
        Hi TJ,

"... with gold, silver and bronze wreaths"

I don't see a bronze version, because a badge (for the Bundesmarine) is always in Gold, and on this badge only the wreath must be in bronze and silver, in gold it is in the same colour, see the different colour on the silver badge.

Uwe
        Speedy - Nothing gets by you; good catch (again)!

Does anyone out there have an extra bronze grade that they could trade for my extra gold grade? I think I have an extra silver as well.

Thanks - TJ

Comment

I've always wondered about the green backing on this set of 1966-1983 wings. Could it be for the Polizei or BGS?

TJ
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.; 06-06-2009, 02:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The backing of these wings is brown. Variations made for foreigners?
            Attached Files

Comment

Another look at the experimental series.
              Attached Files

Comment

Team - Arriving today was a Combat Swimmer Badge with bronze wreath; now I have the complete set.

TJ
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are the gold and bronze on white.

Anyone have a silver they could trade for?

Thanks - TJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is an example of the Combat Swimmer Badge on flecktarn material.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.; 06-06-2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello Team - Very busy lately celebrating (and recovering from said celebrating) the birthday of the good ole U.S.A.

Arriving today was this Combat Swimmer Badge on oliv material.

Would anyone happen to have pictures of the Combat Swimmers in oliv or flecktarn battledress sporting their subdued badges?

Thanks - TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

In keeping with the Marine theme, here is a set of 1966-1983 model wings in bullion.

TJ
                        Attached Files

Comment

Also arriving today was this intriguing set of wings.

Interestingly enough, the tabs on these wings are fold back types unlike the pin or the clasp you usually encounter on U.S. made jump wings. They were pinned to the oval, folded back, and covered with plain black material.

Are these the real deal?

TJ
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.; 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Here they are compared to my other set of first model BW wings.

I'm pretty sure the oval is a repro on the wings I showed previously; I'm not sure about the wings themselves. They seem to resemble the "Superior Brand" which, if memory serves, are manufactured in Samur.

The roundel on the set I received today seems more like 50's manufacturing style and the method of pinning the wings is something I've never encountered before.

TJ
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.; 07-07-2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

My badge

Hello,

Great thread! Always love the para stuff since I was one. A Paratrooper that is.

Here is my badge which origonally opened this thread up. Mine was produced by the firm Assmann and is so marked.
                              Happy Hunting,
                              Vince

Comment

"All the way and then some" Vince, great photography!

Your thread has turned into a handy guide to the history of the Bundeswehr's jump wings.

Here's a couple more from the Navy.

Would a Combat Swimmer wear these wings and a Combat Swimmer badge or just the latter?

Thanks,
                                TJ
                                "just a five jump chump"
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X