Bundesluftwaffe Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Cuffbands

What a great thread. In the earlier part of the thread it was noted that the "wing" cuffbands were discontinued in 1973, were the named cufftitles (Richthofen, Immelmann, Boelcke, Molders, Steinhof) ever discontinued or are they still used?

Comment

John,

Richthofen, Boelcke, Steinhoff and Immelmann are still in use. "Mölders" was cancelled for political reasons in 2005 (Mölders participated in the Spanish Civil War). In 2005 a law was established banning Spanish civil war members from the Bundeswehr line of tradition.

Regards

Lars

Comment

I was able to add this Peter Kupper visor to my collection this week.
        1958 in sandcolour.

Kees
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Oh I am so totally jealous!! These come up on eBay very, very rarely. And when they do the hat collectors go nuts. Last one I remember seeing I think the price was over EUR 200 back in better economic times. I know it's one of the rarest pieces of BW kit, and probably the rarest hat (including general's hats!), but that sort of money is just too high for me.

Now if someone offered me one at EUR 100...

Steve

Comment

Seve; if I come across any others ,you'll be the first to know.
              All the best,
              Kees

Comment

Yes, a rare hat indeed!

In EM / NCO rank also on my wishlist ...

Jens

Comment

Hello Gents,

I'd thought I'd share this photo that arrived today depicting a pleasant looking young man in an early Bundesluftwaffe uniform sporting pointed epaulettes. I am much enamored of the impeccably knotted tie and spread collar shirt.

Unfortunately, there were no dates or other data written on the back.

All the best,
                  TJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gents,

I'm looking for some help on this one; early Bundeswehr (Luftwaffe Component) or not?

Case for:
                    - Purchased from German vendor
                    - Volkswagen in background
                    - Lee-Enfield Mk. 4 as issued to c. 1956 Bundesluftwaffe trainees
                    - Assault pack bears strong resemblance to the ones issued to the BW in the Andernach era
                    - Helmet liner correct for early period

Case against:
                    - Parka. These are unlike anything I've seen issued to the BW in the early days.

While I think I can rule out Canada and the Commonwealth nations equipped with the Enfield, other western European countries like Belgium and the Netherlands are strong contenders. Unfortunately, there is no writing or other hints on the back.

Any thoughts gentlemen?

Many thanks,
                    TJ
                    Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Perhaps Austrian troops? They also used the Lee Enfield.

Regards,

Gordon

On second thought, after posting the picture, probably not Austrian.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks German to me. I mean, it's got a Volkswagen in it so it has to be

Seriously, that looks to be a 1st Model Parka with the liner removed. Check out this thread and look at the very first picture posted:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=parka

Epaulettes, wrist adjustments with pointed ends, pointed pocket flaps on internal chest pockets, zipper, button through zipper flap, and vertical hand pocket flaps are all consistent with this being a 1st Model parka.

Steve

Comment

Greetings gentlemen,

Got to attend one of the rare militaria shows that takes place in my fair city. Picked up a nice pair of Luftwaffe officers boards which I don't see very often. This pair comes with a tongue and buttons of the male and female type normally seen on tailor made uniforms. Be a good idea to post a variety of Luftwaffe shoulder straps on this thread for comparison/reference purposes.

Regards,

Gordon
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gents,

This early photo arrived this week and I though it would be of interest.

A photo of our good friend Ram-jet perhaps?

All the best,
                            TJ
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
                              Hello Gents,

This early photo arrived this week and I though it would be of interest.

A photo of our good friend Ram-jet perhaps?

All the best,
                              TJ

I am not that old that I started my career wearing this kind of jackets ...

Comment

Our dear comrade Uwe might be from that time period but I am pretty sure he was a Heer man.

Good to hear from you Herr Jet!

All the best,
                                TJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X