Bundesluftwaffe Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RedCatcher1986 - That is a beauty!

It is interesting to see a U.S. flight wing and U.S. Army Expert Marksman badge.

The people demand more pictures!

All the best,
    TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. View Post
      RedCatcher1986 - That is a beauty!

It is interesting to see a U.S. flight wing and U.S. Army Expert Marksman badge.

The people demand more pictures!

All the best,
      TJ

Thank you TJ,

I have four examples of Bundesluftwaffe uniforms in my possession. I will post pictures of the four examples including the one above shortly. Bear with me please as uploading these pictures ma take some time.

Sincerely,
      DeWayne

Comment

Major, Bundesluftwaffe
        World War II Veteran
        Reservist außerhalb Dienstverhältnis

Last edited by RedCatcher1986; 12-03-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Stabsarzt, Bundesluftwaffe
          Geschwader Steinhoff

Comment

Stabsfeldwebel, Bundesluftwaffe

Comment

Gefreiter, Bundesluftwaffe
              Wachbataillon

Comment

RedCatcher1986,

Interesting uniform. The Tatigabzeichen seems to be for a Weapons Systems Officer. I'd like to see a close up of the U.S. wings on the pocket under the Luftwaffe wings. Unusual to see a personl in Sanitates with flight crew wings.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Here you are Gordon,

United States Air Force Flight Surgeon Badges

Comment

RedCatcher1986,

Thanks for the close up pictures. Makes more sense now.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

DeWayne - My congratulations on a collection to be proud of.

First off, what a great mix of officer and enlisted; World War II veteran and reservist; medical officer and Wachbataillon.

I love the RAD 57er ribbons and the Einzelkamper badge on Luftwaffe blue. In fact, I am enthralled with all of the the ribbon bars and the variety of German and foreign badges.

In short, a comprehensive sampling of the highest quality.

Well done Sir!

All the best,
                      TJ

Comment

I am very sorry, but I do not know one Flight Surgeon of the Luftwaffe in the rank of Stabsarzt - especially not when he has reached the highest grade (German gold wings / US command wings) in his profession. Flight surgeons are at least Oberstabsarzt (Major) or more often Oberfeldarzt (LtCol).

Furthermore, our wing badge (I am a member of JG 73 "S") was this one:

The badge on the tunic was of JG 75, which was established in 1991 to be stationed at Laage before JaboG 35/JG 73 was earmarked to move there. JG 75 (which never really existed as an operational wing) was disbanded then - long before the traditional name "Steinhoff" was given to JG 73 in 1997.

I think the tunic is built together. Genuine parts of course, but never worn in this form.

Same goes for the WWII veteran reservist. The trousers show the yellow piping which only was in use in the 60s. The black-red-gold cord around the base of the shoulder boards to indicate the non-active status of reservists was introduced in the late 80s or so. Just remove the cord and all works fine.
                        Last edited by RamJet; 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Ramjet,

Good points. I should have paid more attention to the insignia.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

That´s also my opinion for the Stabsfeldwebel-tunic.

Einzelkämpfer badge, silver Leistungsabzeichen...quite uncommon.

Are there any traces of a button for a Schützenschnur lanyard?

Comment

Here some Luftwaffe tunics from my collection.

Comment

another one...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X