5th Company Wachbataillon BMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Finnishlion178,

yes unfortunatly and this unit is one of the best looking one, the sharpest top notch parade representation and parade unit,

the uniform degradation from our prussian tradition down to this is actually sad.

but its was all politicaly related, we have not much more in common with the kaisers army or the Wehrmacht.

Does any of our foreign friends here know the film triologie 08/15 the first part shows the life and the drill of german recruits in the Wehrmacht, i think it one of the best german war movies from the 50s( one of the best german war movie ever, i very highly recomend the firts 2 parts, second part is in Russia) and show the life of EM recruits being drilled by their Nco, well it s totaly different from what we have done in the BW, maybe some basic is there but the prussian drill is gone. The "Kasernenhof" mentality is gone, maybe good for us who went to the BW, but bad for the traditions.

i just wished a close collar tunic for our BW uniforms, this would be nice.

cheers

alex

Comment

Wikipedia.de:
      Das Wachbataillon führt seine Tradition über das königlich-preußische 1. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß (Garderegiment) und das Infanterie-Regiment 9 der Reichswehr bis ins Jahr 1688 zurück und ist damit der Verband der Bundeswehr mit der ältesten urkundlich verbrieften Tradition.
      I do not use Wikipedia as source since anyone can edit it but saw this yesterday in the Wachbataillon article. How are they model on specific Imperial German and Reichswehr (!) units since they seem to have little in common?

Klaus

Comment

well i guess thats some parade excerises are still old prussian style, what we lost is the goose step. Only or East Germans collegues kept it.

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Old School Wachbataillon

Gents - While the contemporary honor guard has earned the disdain of some, I think we can all agree that it is a vast improvement over this honor formation photographed in 1956.

The Bundesgrenzschutz are out in front with the torches, with the Bundeswehr in "affenjacken" (monkey suits) and U.S. style helmet liners in the rear formations.

Note the use of Wehrmacht style ammo pouches by the Bundeswehr and the open face buckles on their belts.

Are the the Kar98ks in this picture the same ones being carried by the soldaten in Gordon's photos?

Take care - G5
          Attached Files

Comment

But the BGS guys do not look to bad actually, i guess they are wearing the old style helmet right?

i like the green collar on their tunics even if it s an open collar, still reminds me a luittle bit of Wermacht.

yes the BW did not look much better then.

cheers

Alex

Comment

I agree with Alex. BGS had good uniforms back then. I would say they look better than even Wachbataillon although Wachbataillon is moving in the right direction. In contrast the new blue BGS (I mean Bundespolizei) uniforms are „hässlich"!

regards,
              Klaus

Comment

well i guess that modernisation is not really something good for traditions. Sorry to hear about the blue BGS uniforms, to bad.

Alex

Comment

This has probably been posted before, but I was shocked that the BRD would allow a uniform so similar to a certain TR unit, even if only the LW--is this a special uniform, or is it standard grau-blau that looks black in the pics?

Is the helmet black as well?
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

...but I was shocked that the BRD would allow a uniform so similar to a certain TR unit, ...
                    ??? only why it looks black ???

Everything is alright, blue Luftwaffenuniform and grey helmet.
                    It is a picture with bad lighting and at night everything is black

Comment

stonemint,

The uniform is the same colour as the ones shown in posts 1, 2 and 3 as Arthur Spooner says. I must admit that the stance and the colour at night do lead one to have strange thoughts.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                        stonemint,

The uniform is the same colour as the ones shown in posts 1, 2 and 3 as Arthur Spooner says. I must admit that the stance and the colour at night do lead one to have strange thoughts.

Regards,

Gordon
                        Gordon, thanks for the heads up on that--that lighting really threw me off.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X