5th Company Wachbataillon BMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th Company Wachbataillon BMV

The Wachbataillon is formed of three companies of Heer, one of the Bundesluftwaffe and one of the Bundesmarine. These are few of the pictures of the 5th Company (Bundesluftwaffe) from their web site of a parade. I found these a few years ago after acquiring one of their uniforms.
    The pictures are self explanatory so I'll just number them.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gordon Craig; 11-29-2007, 04:43 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The Wachbataillon, especially Heer, is very sharp but personally I think the Baretten look absurd, especially with the full parade uniforms. But then I never much cared for Baretten anyways - besides, they dont look very German. I like the Paradehelme better (like they wore at 50 Jahre der BW Großer Zapfenstreich in 2005).

Klaus

Comment

Hello,

the pictures shows the airforce company. The army company has green baretts.

Greetings

Ralf

Comment

PH1905,

Yes it is the 5th Company which is the Bundesluftwaffe which I said in my first post.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello Gordon,

how old are these photos.

@Klaus You mean the "großen Dienstanzug" (with helmet).

Berets in the german army is usually. At the airforce i've never seen it.

Greetings

Ralf

Comment

Hi,

ZDV 37/10 Anzugordnung für die Soldaten der Bundeswehr (July 2006):

402. Barett
                (2) Soldaten der Luftwaffe im Wachbataillon BMVg und weibliche Soldaten in
                den Laufbahnen Sanitäts- und Militärmusikdienst tragen zur Kennzeichnung
                ein blaues Barett.

Regards
                Uwe

Comment

i do not like the barets especially the way it is supposed to be worn, it s not really sharp, i prefer the US way with the badge being worn to front and not on the side like the germans and then the baret badge are not very nice.

i must say that the wachbatallion is a sharp unit, i like the old rifles they use, i think it s 98k not sure, all soldiers have to be the same size, i think it s 1,82 meters not sure maybe someone can help.

i dont know if they take part in maneuvers that much, i have hear it s mostly drill exercise.

Can somebody give us a little story on their duties, except official parades for head of states.

Alex

Comment

Hello Uwe,

and at the Marinesicherungseinheiten.

I know, I was in a medical battailon and the musicians had received the same training. I was only some years earlier there.

Greetings

Ralf

Comment

Alex,

The first three companies are equipped as Panzer Grenadiers and train in that role. They are not just parade soldiers but expected to actually defend the government that they gaurd. I don't know what the Marine and the Luft companies do outside of their ceremonial and guard duties.
                      Yes they are using the war time 98k.
                      Ralph,

I do not know how old the photos are. I have had them for a couple of years and I have no idea how long they were on the company web site before that. I'll have a look through my files and see if I can find any information on that point.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

well the wachbataillon is one of my favorite German units, at least they can represent very good, not like some other outifts.

The have nice uniforms and are coming as close as possible in the modern German army to the old military Prussian tradition.

I just wished that i had learned the drill they use, well i learned the basic in the Grundausbildung but never really used it later during my service.

Grosser Zapfenstreich and thats it

cheers

Alex

Comment

Hello Gordon,

the airforce and navy units have the same duties as the army units.

Hello Alex,

I was glad, that I only have to do the drill in the Grundausbildung. After this only one time at the discharge of the commanding general of the 5th armoured division or do you prefer 5. Panzerdivision.

At my company came two brothers (twins) from the Wachbataillon, they were very glad to be here (medical bataillon).

Regards

Ralf

Comment

yes heard that the wachbat is not much fun being arround there, lots of drill, maybe i would have had say the same if i had to do all of my tour in that unit.

But i can tell you being on a Mboot near the baltic see in the winter is not much fun either.

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Sad, It does not look very German at all. The Chilean Army looks more German than the German do, today. All the years of German Military History and beautiful uniforms comes down to this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X