No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's a Jagdtpanther missing most if the gun and the runninhbgear...
    Maybe its the one now being in Sinnsheim. ThIs was badly shot up when it was recovered later.....under Hartziel.de there were pictures ....

Jens

Comment

Yet another example of the heartless, cruel use of beautiful WW2 armored vehicles for target practice. A Crime Against Humanity in my book

Looks like it was shot up by a range of different weaponry, but if I had to guess I would say primarily US M9A1 Bazooka hits on the side. Did BGS use Bazookas?

The hull has seen quite a bit of action from the front as well. Those hits appear to be from cannons (tank or ATG).

Steve

Comment

Gents,

Thanks very much for your comments on the picture of the BGS troopers posing on the Jagdpanther. Some on the "Achtung Panzer!" thread thought that the pictured "JP" was now at the transportation museum in Sinsheim. This theory has been discounted however, as the damage on the pictured JP is very much different from the museum piece. Another member posted, "I wonder if they knew that their fathers were in that tank?"

The below two pictures arrived today. At first glance I thought the trio standing in front of the border fence were in the Afrika Korps. In any event, the troopers in both photos give me a wartime vibe. The Wehrmacht influence is very strong in my eyes.

"In den Harzer Bergen" is written on the back of the border photo. "Gepaeckmarsch" is written on the other.

Your thoughts?

Many thanks,
        TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

so you were the winner! Bid on both, but prices went a bit too high for me. Still won a few of the others instead haha

Nice view of the moleskin uniforms and what look like splinter covers worn with Manöverbänder. All this sellers photos are ca. mid 50s.

Klaus

Comment

Hi Klaus,

I hope I didn't burn you on these next two photos.

There are a lot of things I don't know about, but I don't know anything about BGS motorcycles.

I hope these pictures are a good reference for somebody.

Thanks,
            TJ

P.S. - Not much help from the vendor here, he was selling them as NVA...
            Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Like you, I have little to no knowledge about BGS motorcycles but I found this site that has pictures of a couple. Nice to know if the man in your picture is on a BGS bike or a civilian one.

Regards,

Gordon

https://www.beim-alten-bgs.de/Zu_den...gs_teil_1.html

Comment

Think it's his private one and he's on the way back to Barracks from his Weekend leave.
                For sure, in the Bag he carries the freshly washed Stuff by Mom.
                The Guy next to him is for sure his Dad.

Comment

The bike should be civillian ...most possible made by on if the several smaller companies (sadly no emblem is to be seen) due to the combination of telescopic fork plus rigid frame in the back its made between 1950 and 1954, The engine details indicate the use of an ILO 125 ccm engine....

With my literature at hand I might say more...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
                    Think it's his private one and he's on the way back to Barracks from his Weekend leave.
                    For sure, in the Bag he carries the freshly washed Stuff by Mom.
                    The Guy next to him is for sure his Dad.
                    That's reading a lot into a single picture, Nico! Of course, you are almost certainly correct I bet mom even packed an extra set of socks for the lad!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                      Yet another example of the heartless, cruel use of beautiful WW2 armored vehicles for target practice. A Crime Against Humanity in my book

Looks like it was shot up by a range of different weaponry, but if I had to guess I would say primarily US M9A1 Bazooka hits on the side. Did BGS use Bazookas?

The hull has seen quite a bit of action from the front as well. Those hits appear to be from cannons (tank or ATG).

Steve
                      Hi Steve,
                      BGS didn´t use the US Bazooka, but the spanish RL-83 Blindicide.
                      Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                        yes BGS man with Kar.98k pouch on his left wear the MG pouch on the right (which is interesting, because normally BGS MG gunners not wear 98k pouches). Man on right could be some kind of civil official as suggested or even a local farmer.

Klaus
                        Hello Klaus,
                        maybe it´s the similar-looking Pouch for Flare-Gun Ammo.

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

flare cartridge pouch must wear with a strap, i have never seen one with belt loops, only the MG pouch. Also neither this man or anyone else in photo have a flare pistol - weapons were put somewhere out of view, but probably not a holster.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                            flare cartridge pouch must wear with a strap, i have never seen one with belt loops, only the MG pouch. Also neither this man or anyone else in photo have a flare pistol - weapons were put somewhere out of view, but probably not a holster.
                            Moin Klaus,

I´ve seen Pouches on which they cut the straps off and riveted them as Belt loops on. On the other Hand they changed Flare-Ammo Pouches to MG-Pouches (see Post #868). Think they´ve must used resources carefully...
                            I ask myself, why has a MG-Gunner 98k Pouches with him? He couldn´t wear the MG & a Carbine. Makes simply no sense...but I´m willing to learn :-)

Best regards

Reiner
                            Last edited by ReinerMB42; 08-27-2019, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                              Moin Klaus,

I´ve seen Pouches on which they cut the straps off and riveted them as Belt loops on. On the other Hand they changed Flare-Ammo Pouches to MG-Pouches (see Post #868). Think they´ve must used resources carefully...
                              I ask myself, why has a MG-Gunner 98k Pouches with him? He couldn´t wear the MG & a Carbine. Makes simply no sense...but I´m willing to learn :-)

Best regards

Reiner
                              Aah, answered my own question by looking at Guardian 5´s picture in #1158. There the MG-Accessories-Pouch is worn by the S2, not the Gunner himself. Then it´s clear he´s No. 2 in an MG-Team & wears a carbine as his weapon. So you´re right Klaus, seems to be the MG-Pouch.

Comment

I couldn't resist bringing this one home because these don't turn up often any more for me.
                                A 100 scenarios are possible that caused that damage on the back.
                                I guess he just shouldn't have poked the guard dog
                                All the best,

Kees
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X