CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klaus,

According to Walter Kunstwadl in his book "Von der Affenjacke zum Tropentarnanzug" jackboots were introiduced in 1957. The canvas and leather gaiters and the leather ones were introduced in 1955. I' ve attached a photo of the page in his book where he shows these boots.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Comment

Klaus,

The next series of pictures come from a book by Jรถrg-M. Hormann called "Die Bundeswehr und ihre Uniformen" 30 Jahre Bekleidungsgeschichte. They show the items you are interested in dated photographs. First, the boots themselves.

Regards,

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

This next photo of troops on the move gives a very good shot of the boots in wear and is date 1968.
        Attached Files

Comment

The same boots in wear by a Bundesluftwaffe Security Detachment. The photo is undated but they are carrying the G1.
          Attached Files

Comment

Lats, but not least, the canvas and leather gaiters in wear, again in the Bundesluftwaffe, and the photo is dated 1970.
            And thanks for the question. It caused me to take a closer look at foot wear in the BW.

Regards,

Gordon
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gordon. I have seen those boots for sale often. I think the parade boots they use now lack the buckles at the top. I take it the lace-up combat boots were introduced later?

American-style gaiters in wear during the 1960s (from Bundeswehr's official website):

The complete gas mask can and mask I have is just like the type the soldier wears in the photo.

btw I won the photo I posted earlier so it is now part of my collection!

Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

Kunstwadl indicates there were high lace-up boots for paras, with 9 sets of eyelets for laces, but doesn't guve an introduction date. Following that, he lists a number of different high lace-up boots.
                1-Brown Kampfschuh adopted on 24 May, 1971;
                2-Black Kampfstiefel adotped in March of 1979;
                3-Black Kampfschuh adopted in 1993 which is not as high as the previous two boots. (7 eyelets versus 9). He also lists two different types of Gebirgsjaeger boots and four different types of boots for hot climate zones.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Where can I get the slide on shoulderboards for the field uniforms? I have one 90s flecktarn and three 70s and 80s field jackets that need them. Is there any way I can get the velcro unit patch backing for the flecktarn? I would also like to know if name tapes or any other badges (Sportabzeichen, usw.) used on 70s and 80s moleskin jackets? Lot of questions but still learning about BW - so little information about them, even in German!

Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

There are lots of slide on shoulderboards for BW uniforms on ebay.de and sometimes on ebay.com. Velcro backing for bages is hard to get by itself. All of the repro badges that I have seen on ebay come with the velcro backing. When I search for BW camo uniforms I look for those with the velcro backing still in place. Most of the time, when they take off the badges they don't bother removing the velcro backing. I'll have to check my library for the answer to the moleskin question and get back to you. Don't know the answer of hand.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
                      Klaus,

There are lots of slide on shoulderboards for BW uniforms on ebay.de and sometimes on ebay.com. Velcro backing for bages is hard to get by itself. All of the repro badges that I have seen on ebay come with the velcro backing. When I search for BW camo uniforms I look for those with the velcro backing still in place. Most of the time, when they take off the badges they don't bother removing the velcro backing. I'll have to check my library for the answer to the moleskin question and get back to you. Don't know the answer of hand.

Cheers,

Gordon
                      I meant off ebay who has them. The problem with ebay.de is almost none selling those ship to the USA and those that do rarely accept Paypal (I do not use bank transfers). I have never seen one with velcro backing - except for name tape. With shipping costs from Germany now, it is too much. Thanks anyways...

Klaus

Comment

Try this link,

http://treff.bundeswehr.de/C1256FC40...C3JPE873DEVVDE

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                          Where can I get the slide on shoulderboards for the field uniforms? I have one 90s flecktarn and three 70s and 80s field jackets that need them. Is there any way I can get the velcro unit patch backing for the flecktarn? I would also like to know if name tapes or any other badges (Sportabzeichen, usw.) used on 70s and 80s moleskin jackets? Lot of questions but still learning about BW - so little information about them, even in German!

Klaus
                          Klaus - I have alot of extras to spare (70s & 80s); what ranks are you looking for?

The tough part is finding the branch of service loops.

G5

Comment

Manion's Does it Again

Check out this funky amoebatarn M-43 fantasy piece. Looks really new; decidely not 1956 vintage.

What say you Bundeswehr lovers?

G5
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.; 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Interior View

Interior view. My amoebatarn zelt is reversible summer/fall. This hat has an olive interior. Not sure if this helps or hurts....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Side view

Thread pattern looks too Wehrmacht.

Gordon, I hope you don't hurt yourself laughing...

TJ
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X