Officers uniform question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers uniform question

Sorry, I can't remember where I found this pic, but I do have some questions;

From which countries are these officers?

The ones with Bergmützen and the other officer in the same uniform but with a visor cap are from the BRD, but what about the other officers? An italian with the feather in the hat? And how about that other "german-looking" officer? First I thought west-german, but the dark collar and the dark band around the visor cap made me wonder, as I thought all Bundeswehr officers wore uniforms without dark collars and without dark bands around the visor cap.

How did the austrian troops look at this time?(I'm guessing the photo was taken during the 50's or the 60's.)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

From left to right:
    Alpini (Italian Mountain Troops);
    Bundesgrenzschutz (General Officer - note collar tabs. They would be gold on green):
    Gebirgsjaeger (General, going by the collar tabs);
    Civilian (politician, probably, in a traditional Jaeger tunic - very popular in regions of Southern Germany);
    Another Gebirgsjaeger General; and
    A Bundesheer General (note the collar tabs of the tunic).
    A nice photo!
    Regards,
    Hugh Zillmann

Comment

wallonien,

I agree 100% with Hugh's identification of the officers. I would date this photo from approximately the mid 60s. Photos can lead us astray but the light grey coloured uniforms were in wear at that time. As for what the Austrian Bundesheer wore furing this time fram see the link below to a thread I have runnig on the International Forum.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=352775

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X