GREAT WAR PHOTOS ,a few more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT WAR PHOTOS ,a few more

As you may have guessed i am a big fan of military photos , heres a few more to bore you with .....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-05-2005, 04:53 AM.

a
    Attached Files

Comment

one i really like , i think this is a cracking image of a `great war tommy `
      NORTHUMBERLAND FUS.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-13-2005, 03:16 PM.

Comment

this guy ,serving in the West yorks regt appears to have NINE KIDS !!!
        she must of `caught on ` every time he slung his tunic on the bed ?
        Attached Files

Comment

d
          Attached Files

Comment

e
            Attached Files

Comment

vb
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-05-2005, 05:16 AM.

Comment

2ND BATT:WELCH FUSILERS , one of the most wrote about great war units , many of the best memoirs ( imo) from the great war were wrote by guys from this unit SASSOON , GRAVES etc this photo although a private postcard type is just like the one that appears in the memoirs of the medial officer R.DUNN
                ` THE WAR THE INFANTRY NEW ` if you have never read it ,your missing out this was one of the first of the postwar regimental histories to tell it like it really was , patrols getting shot up by mistake on the way back in by their own men , guys getting blown up by their artillery etc ,etc the book caused quite a bit of `fuss ` when it first appeared ,the ,author serving as the battalion doctor commanded the battalion for a time as all other officers were killed or wounded !!
                brilliant , Michael.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-13-2005, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Tank corps ,taken in INDIA .
                  Never even crossed my mind about tanks out there ??
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 04-13-2005, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Great photos, Michael - I quite enjoy them too. Here's one you might like - although it's a postcard, not an original photo...I can't identify the ribbon on his uniform - I'm guessing he's a Pioneer in The Queen's?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yep, pioneer in the West Surreys, a couple of overseas chevrons & a long service chevron - could the ribbon simply be that of the BWM?

Comment

Thanks for the id on the Pioneer patch, Leigh. Yes, I suppose it probably is the BWM ribbon - bit hard to tell, but that would make sense.

Comment

HIYA ,super photo ,thanks for showing , a wealth of detail on this ,
                          i too think the ribbon is the B.W.M having looked at masses of great war cards like this over the years the B.W.M often looks strange in black ,n white photos , regards ,Michael.

Comment

Glad you liked it Michael - didn't want to hijack your thread - just thought it fit nicely!

Comment

hiya , no worries ,add as many as you like ... i start these photo threads off with the hope others will show what they have `under the bed`
                              if you have any great war ones of women in uniform ..please ,please show i get off on things like that
                              .........sorry but im a weak man ,Michael.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X