No announcement yet.

GREAT WAR PHOTOS ,a few more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No photos I'm afraid, would this be acceptable?
    Last edited by Blindpew; 04-13-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Oops sorry, forgot it was British and commenwealth...

Comment

That's more like it

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

very nice ,thanks for showing ....it may be me thats a bit sad but when ever i see a photo of high ranking german officers ,either great war or second war ..i cant help pricing up just what we as collectors would have to pay to buy at todays prices what their wearing
          Michael.

Comment

Motor machine gun

Comment

is it true that the great war posters of Kitchener ,
              the ` your country needs you ` ones that they were heavily altered to make him look much younger ???...sorry but a serious collector told me this ?????

Comment

One more

Comment

Motor Machine guns ..... very nice ,thanks for showing
                  and now , even better .... 2nd MANCS ?

......its is you Wouter ??

Comment

The Kitchener scan came out looking the same as the book, as if it had been very doctored.I don't doubt they would have touched up posters after seeing that photo.

I swapped the kaiser with HRH prince of wales, much more appropriate attire.

Comment

I'll stop after this, sorry I've just dug-out my old Great-war books printed in the '20s,(12 volumes), and I had forgotten how many photos they have.
                      Last edited by Blindpew; 04-13-2005, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
                        hiya , no worries ,add as many as you like ... i start these photo threads off with the hope others will show what they have `under the bed`
                        if you have any great war ones of women in uniform ..please ,please show i get off on things like that
                        .........sorry but im a weak man ,Michael.
                        Decided to dig up this thread as I've acquired a few more photos...and wanted to see if anyone else had some hidden away...

Now Michael, she's not in uniform but she's quite a looker! Easy now everyone...she's also my Grandmother...my Grandparents were married in 1924 in Guildford, Surrey.
                        Attached Files

Comment

One more:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Stand by your beds!

I'm not sure of the exact era of this photo. My guess has always been prewar due to the lack of ribbons on anyone's uniform and most likely from around 1908-09 as the 2nd Queen's left for Gibraltar in early 1910 and didn't return to England until September 1914. Anyone else have a better guess?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Appears to be a photo from the same camp...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Recognised grandad straight away from the earlier thread.
                                An unimportant detail - can't remember now, but does'nt one of the photos you posted before show the bar on the 1914 Star far higher thon the ribbon than on this photo, & more like this positioning on the re-ribboned medal?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X