"P"recious British WW2 Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"P"recious British WW2 Patch

Last edited by DJT; 03-29-2005, 04:56 PM.

Last edited by DJT; 03-29-2005, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Excellent news Des. A superb addition to your collection, made all the more special by knowing who wore it originally.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Are you taking the "P"iss ? What is it

Comment

Chris,

I am shocked! Phantom GHQ Liaison Regiment

David Niven was a famous member of the unit

Comment

For those interested, I recommend this book :

"Phantom at War, The British Army's Secret Intelligence & Communication Regiment of WW11" by Andy & Sue Parlour. ISBN 1 84145 118 5

Comment

Very nice and rare patch with provenance .Congrats .Rob.
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Congratulations Des,

Absolutely fantastic find and as Ade says all the better for knowing it's provenance.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Oh

Well, now I can go to bed less ignorant than when I woke up this morning

Comment

you and me both Chris. when I saw it belonged to Des I sort of had an Incling he would tell us it was Phantom , but If I'de seen it somewhere I wouldn't have had a clue

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Hi Guy, shame on you!

I actually had the privilage of meeting with an "Arnhem" Phantom Vet, David Fulton. In fact, he never got to Arnhem as his glider was dropped miles away due to a broken tow rope. He was took POW. He came over to my house to see my Jeep and collection. Sadly he has now passed away. He said how they wore black berets with any cap badge they felt like. You were supposed to wear that of your parent Regt or Corps, but Cavalry Regt badges were very popular for some reason.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I've been waiting for one of these to appear on the forum - used to see a lot of fakes years ago, never got my hands on a real one.

I met an old ex-officer of the Coldstreanm about 10 - 12 years ago, his family had a little antique shop in a village in northern Cambridgeshire, when I asked about any medals, insignia etc for sale he volunteered the info that he had been a member of Phantom, & that this badge was also worn as a beret badge.
                        I've read somehere in the past that this was the case - but was it?

Comment

Last edited by DJT; 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Great to see an original one Des I'm sure you're very proud to own it.

Did this come from the Canadian vet?

Also, have you got a photo of the Phantom BD Blouse in the Hartenstein? If you haven't, I'll send you one.

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Last edited by DJT; 03-29-2005, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X