Comment

Reverse.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ade, Jack,

Lovely badges, thanks for showing!

Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Jack, here is one of mine, similar to yours but this time gold plated.

Cheers, Ade.
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse. It appears that the lugs were cut off, then the badge plated and the broach pin fitted.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Gold! Very nice nice! I think you win on that one

Thanks for showing, from Jack.

Comment

Not bad for £22

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                  Not bad for £22

Cheers, Ade.
                  Wow Ade, superbadge!
                  I don't suppose you're willing to sell for £23 ?
                  Luc

Comment

Not bad for £22

Cheers, Ade.
                    LOL! That's what mine cost me and it's not even gold! I want my money back

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

All we need now is to see one with diamonds fitted

Luc

Comment

Hi Luc, here is a sad story. Olive, the lady who's "Pegasus" I posted earlier, had a beautiful Parachute Regt cap badge done in solid gold and siver and studded with diamonds. This was fitted with a broach pin and retaining clip and a safety chain.

She always used to wear this to the XXI's reunions. Two years ago she returned from shopping in the town and the badge was still on her jacket. I remember looking at it. The coat was then hung up in the hotel room and not worn again. When she and Don got home, the broach had gone. There is not way it could have fell off. We suspect a hotel worker stole it The Police were informed but nothing came of it....

I wish I had a photo of it to share.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Luc, here is a sad story. Olive, the lady who's "Pegasus" I posted earlier, had a beautiful Parachute Regt cap badge done in solid gold and siver and studded with diamonds. This was fitted with a broach pin and retaining clip and a safety chain.

She always used to wear this to the XXI's reunions. Two years ago she returned from shopping in the town and the badge was still on her jacket. I remember looking at it. The coat was then hung up in the hotel room and not worn again. When she and Don got home, the broach had gone. There is not way it could have fell off. We suspect a hotel worker stole it The Police were informed but nothing came of it....

I wish I had a photo of it to share.

Cheers, Ade.
                          Terrible story

Such an item is bound to turn up in someone's collection one day. I'll keep a sharp lookout for it.

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

The Police did circulate a description of the broach to all the local Antique and Jewellery stores in Newark where the reunion was held. I believe it was not a one off though as Don bought it via the Parachute Regt Association. Another lady has one too, as they were bought at the same time. I will try and get a photo of Sylvia's example when I next she her in May at the next reunion.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

You have to be a big immoral lowlife to steal such an item .
                              I'll keep my eyes open for it too. I'd love to be of help to return this family treasure. Do you know if there was a serial number on it?

Here's one a bit like the Palastine made Ade showed:
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...160551691&rd=1
                              Regards, Luc
                              Last edited by lnijherald; 03-12-2005, 10:13 AM. Reason: new info to add

Comment

Hi Luc, I do not think there was a serial number on it.

That is a nice item you have posted.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X