Mini Para badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Para badge

I bought this off ebay on a whim (and it was cheap) ,Is it a sweetheart or a collar badge ,Cheers Rob.
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Originally posted by ROBB
    I bought this off ebay on a whim (and it was cheap) ,Is it a sweetheart or a collar badge ,Cheers Rob.
    The rear.
    Attached Files

Comment

I would say a converted collar badge, to become a cheaper version of a sweetheart badge.

Comment

Hi Robb, I would agree with Marc's ascessment

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Robb,

It looks like a collar badge, slightly different from mine but that is probably just a makers variation.
          I believe Jack has a sweetheart badge.
          Regards, Luc

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys I have had a close look and their havent been any alterations or any kind of work on the back so I guess its a collar dog,cheers Rob.

Comment

Hi Robb, makers often used the same dies to manufacture insignia. This made good economic sence So your badge would come from the collar dog die but would be finished with a pin to make it into a sweetheart, as opposed to a split pin fastener used on a collar dog. My reasoning in agreeing with Marc is that this type of pin back would not let the badge sit close to the lapel and would sit a bit proud; this would not look very smart and I cannot recall any other Regt and Corps collar dogs using a pin back. But I am open to being educated

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Good thinking Ade ,it would indeed stick out , perhaps due to the lack of girliness about the badge ,it was worn by an old vet .Rob.

Comment

Has anybody seen the Para sweethearts shaped as a Pegasus with Bellorophon and Airborne scroll underneath?. I heard they were a post war reunion pin, and the one I have is Hallmarked 47 (or 46) so they could be.

anyway just wondering if youve seen them about?.

Comment

Hi Dan, these have been around for a long time and are indeed still sold by the Vets association.

A good friend of mine had a sweetheart made out of silver in Palestine in 1946 for his wife. She still wears it. Here is a pic.

Cheers, Ade.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                      Hi Dan, these have been around for a long time and are indeed still sold by the Vets association.

A good friend of mine had a sweetheart made out of silver in Palestine in 1946 for his wife. She still wears it. Here is a pic.

Cheers, Ade.
                      Ade,
                      That piece is amazing! Wow! I appreciate getting to see it. Would it be possible to post up one of the reunion pieces? I have an enameled pin that i will post later after shooting photos of it later this evening.
                      Many thanks,
                      Allan

Comment

Here are some of mine including one of the reunion pieces which is made from white metal and is unmarked.

That brooch is stunning Ade! Is it solid silver?

Thanks, from Jack.
                        Attached Files

Comment

More.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse. Does anyone know what the square one is all about, the date and so on? Serial number on back?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys, the Pegasus is indeed in solid silver.

Hi Jack, nice items Sorry can't help on the enameled one.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X