Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergen Commando backpack...

Hi all!
    Does anyone of you lads has some pics of a Bergen Commando Backpack?
    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Junior.

What era Junior ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus,

Worl War 2

Kr,
      Junior

Comment

Arh I thought as much, sorry I can't help then buddy.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi Junior, I have one in my collection but it is an item I have not yet phtographed for my files. I will do you some pics tomorrow. These Bergans come in two basic colours; tan and dark green. Mine is a green example and is 1945 dated. I swapped it from a neighbour in trade for some garden slabs.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks all for your input!

@Marcus: don't feel bad lad!

@Ade: I'm looking forward to the pics!

Comment

Hi Junior, here is my bergan. These were also used by Glider Pilots

Early issue ones are in tan colour and feature leather straps as opposed to webbing.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The back. Note the steel frame.

Comment

Side pockets (one each side). The web strap you can see dangling is for attaching other kit in the form of a roll.

Comment

Large pocket to the back. Under the bottom of the pack are loops to allow extra straps to be attached to carry more rolled items, like the anti gas cape.

Comment

Here is the pack opened. There is a zipped compartment. Named to someone called "M. Reddyhoff". Not an English name. Maybe a member of No.10 Commando?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Under this can be found another flap which helps to waterproof the contents of the bergan. The whole bag has a tarred finish to the insides to help keep out water.

Here is the maker mark and date.

Hope these pics help you?

Cheers, Ade.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I had one of these when i was 15\16. Used it on trips with the scouts and cadets...and like a complete muppet i gave it away prior to joining the army
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Ade,

Thanks a lot for showing! What is the avarage price for one nowadays? And yes, who knows, maybe a Belgian!

Cheers,
                            Junior

Comment

I am looking for one of these myself at the moment. I narrowly missed out on 2 that were on ebay recently. Both were in good condition, complete and clearly marked and dated (1943 or 1944). They sold for about 100-130 euro each.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X