Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pleasure.

Hi Andy,

It's my pleasure to help you. If I can be of any help in any way then please do not hesitate to ask. I'm always more than willing.

With regards to the medal that you linked to. This one is incorrect for your Grandfather's grouping. The one for sale is of Communist issue. It's easy to tell because of three things. Firstly the date. The only ones dated 1944 are of the Communist type. Second is the eagle. If you notice it is missing the crown. The Communists removed the crown from our national symbol shortly after assuming power. Lastly the ribbon. If you compare it to the examples I've shown you will notice that the colors are reversed. Instead of two purple stripes on a white ribbon it's two white stripes on a purple ribbon. Should I see an appropriate one for sale somewhere you will be the first to know.

Now for the missing badge. If you look in your post with unidentified document #3 the picture of the badge on the front is the one that you're looking for. Unfortunately in all of my years of collecting I have only known of one for sale anywhere and that one was from a dubious source. To date I have never seen another and am still searching for one for my own collection. Should you be fortunate enough to find one then be wary. Originals should be made by the firm of Lorioli and should be of very high quality. Anything of sub-standard quality should be walked away from (or posted here for opinions).

Monte Cassino Crosses are officially untraceable but a roll does exist. I know of a fellow who has seen it and has obtained part of it. Unfortunately he wishes to remain anonymous as what he has is very much a no no and could get him into a spot of trouble. If you like I can ask him on your behalf if he wishes to help but he has turned such queries down in the past. Why they have kept this roll secret is beyond me. I'm sure that with time they may decide to release this information but until then he is all I have to rely on.

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
    Greg

Comment

The best place to buy polish PSZ pbadges is online auction portal

Here are some pics of offered lids

And for the end and African MkII - SbKS Soldier legacy!!!

Comment

thanks

Thanks Greg for all your help to date and thanks Karpathian for posting those lovely items.

Greg
        I have gone though my draws and come across this medal. It is not from my Grandad but a medal I purchased myself some time ago and then forgot about it. It looks as someone has unfortunately scrubbed this clean Either this or is it a copy? I note the suspension eye is different than yours and also, there is a number under the ring engraved on the cross that reads 39879. Finally, the ribbon is different. Perhaps you would be kind enough to let me have your comments. Sorry about the camera flash on the pics.
        Regards
        Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

the other side

the other side
          Attached Files

Comment

engraved number

engraved number
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andy19
              Thanks Greg for all your help to date and thanks Karpathian for posting those lovely items.

Greg
              I have gone though my draws and come across this medal. It is not from my Grandad but a medal I purchased myself some time ago and then forgot about it. It looks as someone has unfortunately scrubbed this clean Either this or is it a copy? I note the suspension eye is different than yours and also, there is a number under the ring engraved on the cross that reads 39879. Finally, the ribbon is different. Perhaps you would be kind enough to let me have your comments. Sorry about the camera flash on the pics.
              Regards
              Andy
              Looks like a pre 1939 version of the cross, but I wouldn't be too eager to call it an original. It looks like the bronze patina was cleaned off exposing the bare copper, which is surprisingly quite a common occurrence. It looks a little too bumpy I have seen “cleaned” crosses before but never this bumpy. Is it original? I don't know the ribbon is a bit new and I would have to see this one in person.

Comment

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately I don't like this one at all. It appears as if it's a cast copy of an original cross that someone has added numbers to. If it were original it would have been a pre-war issue. I'm not thrilled with the lack of detail on the sword and wreath or on the "slopiness" of the text. Wish I had better news on this one. Sorry.

Cheers,
                Greg

Comment

Thanks Greg

Your echo my own thoughts on this medal. Just curious abot the numbering. At least I know what to look out for now. Dont forget to keep an eye out for me.
                  Many thanks
                  Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X